Sponsored

Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit!

gr8ridn01

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
I purchased this front bumper a few weeks ago....the seller is based out of California. I have had the fog light bezels replaced as the clips broke off and the seller has been pretty easy to deal with. The quality and fit is pretty good and it looks almost identical to the oem steel bumper. I didn't measure the thickness of the winch plate but it was a heavy piece of metal.
Thanks for answering my two questions. The bumper according to buyer reports seems to be a good alternative to the Mopar item. I will continue to follow this thread and decide in a few weeks.
Sponsored

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
That's true. I'm only seeking the front bumper and this seller is at least based in the US. If they're the same product, I'd much prefer to buy US. Might reach out to them and ask what the differences are, where they're made, etc. Will post if I receive any type of valuable information.
Unfortunately, the seller did not answer my question regarding whether this is any different than the listing you've all been discussing that is known to be from China. Although he's listed as based in CA, there seemed to be some English translation errors (pluralization where not needed), so my suspicion is that there's a California warehouse receiving Chinese shipments and that this is probably the exact same bumper just sold through a different distributor.

jrob529

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
I’m not very handy and probably will have this installed if I buy it. How much should I expect to spend on install?

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
I’m not very handy and probably will have this installed if I buy it. How much should I expect to spend on install?
Honestly, I'm probably one of the least handy people in this forum and I've managed to come within a few bolts of removing the stock bumper myself. Understand if you just don't want to deal with it, but if you do want to save a few bucks, I truly believe you could knock it out on your own.

To actually answer your question, I'm not sure. It shouldn't take them long. Maybe 1-2 hours at dealership service rates.

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
sadly no skid on the BAM purchase but yeah, cheapest Mopar you’ll get brand new otherwise.

Sponsored

PensDevil

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Thanks to all that have provided information in this thread.

I installed the ebay front bumper today. The bumper and all the parts were well well packaged and arrived in good condition. As mentioned previously, there are no instructions. There is a parts checklist, in Chinese. Picture of the list is via the Google Translate app.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! parts

I did not install the winch plate, as I'm not running a winch anytime soon. So I ended up with a bunch of parts that I didn't end up using. I'm hoping the parts listed above as "Capstan" are for the winch mounting, as I ended up not using them for the bumper install.

Install went pretty easy. I did have to take the fog light wiring that goes between the two lights from the old plastic bumper to use it with the new setup. I didn't not need to reprogram anything for the fogs to work.

I used the plugs Jeepster345 linked from Amazon to fill the sensor holes.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! plu

And re-used the plastic trim fasteners from my plastic closeout panel on the panel included with the steel bumper. Ignore the white specs, it wasn't chipped. Just debris from the trees overhead.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! closeout

I used a few more of those to plug two holes above where the license plate would mount.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! plate

For the price, I'm happy with the way it turned out. Not sure if I'm going to keep the bar on it yet though.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! front

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
This is a scream of a deal, especially since it includes a winch plate. Any one with LED fogs from a plastic number try this out yet? I’m wondering if they transfer over.

dajaga

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport
I have been looking for different bumper options and the OEM Rubi Steel bumper is my favorite (less the price). Recently, I come across this $425 bumper on ebay and wondering if anyone has any feedbacks.

I am not planning to add a winch, really just for the looks.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2018-2...-LED-Fog-Lights/324082656046?var=513130791323

If you're on a budget look up hooke road, they got some good deals for the jl. they have free shipping, I got a bumper and am happy with it.

https://www.ubox-offroad.com/collections/2018-2020-jeep-wrangler-jl-jlu-accessories-jeep-jl-parts

OP
OP
zyt

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
Thanks to all that have provided information in this thread.

I installed the ebay front bumper today. The bumper and all the parts were well well packaged and arrived in good condition. As mentioned previously, there are no instructions. There is a parts checklist, in Chinese. Picture of the list is via the Google Translate app.

I did not install the winch plate, as I'm not running a winch anytime soon. So I ended up with a bunch of parts that I didn't end up using. I'm hoping the parts listed above as "Capstan" are for the winch mounting, as I ended up not using them for the bumper install.

Install went pretty easy. I did have to take the fog light wiring that goes between the two lights from the old plastic bumper to use it with the new setup. I didn't not need to reprogram anything for the fogs to work.

I used the plugs Jeepster345 linked from Amazon to fill the sensor holes.

And re-used the plastic trim fasteners from my plastic closeout panel on the panel included with the steel bumper. Ignore the white specs, it wasn't chipped. Just debris from the trees overhead.

I used a few more of those to plug two holes above where the license plate would mount.

For the price, I'm happy with the way it turned out. Not sure if I'm going to keep the bar on it yet though.

Glad everything is working out and it looks awesome on your sports. How's the fog light performing?

Sponsored

agc6572

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Finally got this installed the other day as well. It was a bit confusing with all the parts it came with and no instructions. I ended up with a lot of leftover parts as well since I didn't install a winch. There's a lot of great aftermarket bumpers but nothing compared to an OEM steel bumper to me. There was just no way I could drop the $$$ for it. I was skeptical at first and had this bumper sitting in my cart for about 2 weeks. Glad I finally went through with it as it looks great!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! IMG_20200529_160424_052

I bought the plugs as well for but it looks like I missed one lol

PensDevil

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
This is a scream of a deal, especially since it includes a winch plate. Any one with LED fogs from a plastic number try this out yet? I’m wondering if they transfer over.
I didn't have LED fogs in my plastic bumper and don't know what kind of connector they use... But the new bumper uses a short pigtail to go from the LED plug to the halogen style plug my old fogs used.

Glad everything is working out and it looks awesome on your sports. How's the fog light performing?
Thanks. I haven't had it out at night yet to see the performance of the LED fogs. They did look noticeably brighter in my driveway during the day though.

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
Finally got this installed the other day as well. It was a bit confusing with all the parts it came with and no instructions. I ended up with a lot of leftover parts as well since I didn't install a winch. There's a lot of great aftermarket bumpers but nothing compared to an OEM steel bumper to me. There was just no way I could drop the $$$ for it. I was skeptical at first and had this bumper sitting in my cart for about 2 weeks. Glad I finally went through with it as it looks great!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! IMG_20200529_160424_052

I bought the plugs as well for but it looks like I missed one lol
Sick rig, Andres. What side steps are you using there?
Sponsored