Sponsored

Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit!

Mmtennent

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited JL, 2008 2 door Jeep Sport, 1980 Jeep CJ7, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
I installed this yesterday.....there are no instructions but I was easily able to figure out everything. The bumper fits good and looks like the OEM steel. The plastic fog light bezels clips are cheap plastic and they snapped off when I installed so they are sending me replacements but that is really the only issue I see. I ordered some metal clips off amazon that should solve the issue along with the plastic plugs for the sensor holes. Winch is going in next so I will update again then.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! bump4
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! bump3
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! bump5
Sponsored

jrob529

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Price is now $798 for front and rear bumper. I'm debating if I want to pull the trigger or wait on an used OEM set.

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
Price is now $798 for front and rear bumper. I'm debating if I want to pull the trigger or wait on an used OEM set.
I’m not sure used OEM is going to be significantly cheaper..

5thofJuly

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I’m not sure used OEM is going to be significantly cheaper..
I think he means the front and rear bumper (you get both) is now $798. If you know of a place I can get both OEM bumpers in great shape for $798 I'm very interested.

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
I think he means the front and rear bumper (you get both) is now $798. If you know of a place I can get both OEM bumpers in great shape for $798 I'm very interested.
Yeah was doing bad math in my head there. Anyone know if the front bumper is also cheaper or just the set?

Sponsored

5thofJuly

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah was doing bad math in my head there. Anyone know if the front bumper is also cheaper or just the set?
It's usually $434.50, but it's showing out of stock. Which is odd because you can purchase the front and rear set for $798 and that's in stock. :swear:

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
It's usually $434.50, but it's showing out of stock. Which is odd because you can purchase the front and rear set for $798 and that's in stock. :swear:
I was just able to add to my cart. Maybe they updated stock overnight?

5thofJuly

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By the way, I also asked the seller if he was ever going to have the NA version without the parking sensor holes and he confirmed he just has the ones listed with the holes. Would have been nice to get the NA version, but for the price this bumper can't really be beat. If it can, someone send me a link!

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA

Sponsored

jrob529

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
But, at least, this seller offers just the front bumper. They look identical.
That's true. I'm only seeking the front bumper and this seller is at least based in the US. If they're the same product, I'd much prefer to buy US. Might reach out to them and ask what the differences are, where they're made, etc. Will post if I receive any type of valuable information.

gr8ridn01

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
I have been looking for different bumper options and the OEM Rubi Steel bumper is my favorite (less the price). Recently, I come across this $425 bumper on ebay and wondering if anyone has any feedbacks.

I am not planning to add a winch, really just for the looks.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2018-2...-LED-Fog-Lights/324082656046?var=513130791323

Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! bump5
Where does this bumper ship from the seller? Also for those that have installed this bumper kit what is the thickness of the winch plate. Will it be adequate for a 10000 winch?

Mmtennent

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited JL, 2008 2 door Jeep Sport, 1980 Jeep CJ7, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Where does this bumper ship from the seller? Also for those that have installed this bumper kit what is the thickness of the winch plate. Will it be adequate for a 10000 winch?
I purchased this front bumper a few weeks ago....the seller is based out of California. I have had the fog light bezels replaced as the clips broke off and the seller has been pretty easy to deal with. The quality and fit is pretty good and it looks almost identical to the oem steel bumper. I didn't measure the thickness of the winch plate but it was a heavy piece of metal.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm still following. Interested in seeing a member install the rear bumper. There are much stronger bumpers on the market but I simply like the way the factory one looks
Sponsored