Sponsored

Rubi search: Impressed by some dealers, embarrassed for others

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
I have to say that several dealerships have impressed me, and a couple of others have really dropped the ball. I feel like I have done a lot of research and searching for information on the new Rubicon I want to purchase. I am by no means an expert as I have never owned a Jeep, but want to feel like an “informed buyer”. After visiting, talking to or communicating via mail/text with several of the dealers in my local area as well as a several within a couple of hours drive of me, I can tell you with a certainty that there is a HUGE disparity in not only pricing, but also knowledge about their product. I was very close to signing on the dotted line for mine last month and couldn’t be happier that I walked away last minute. I encourage everyone to do their homework when buying. My biggest issue now is that I will have to get my Jeep serviced at one of these local dealerships at some point, which is scary.
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I went to a dealer on Friday to talk about ordering a 2 door Rubicon/3.6L/Auto. When they tried to put it in for pricing, they told me it wasn't available on their computer, I didn't see it as an option either. About two hours later they called and said they could put in the order, but haven't told me what their dealer fees are, after I asked. They just responded with "What do you want them to be". I'll be calling a couple more dealers on Monday, I was hoping to use my first one though.

OP
OP
Vawildjeep

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
I went to a dealer on Friday to talk about ordering a 2 door Rubicon/3.6L/Auto. When they tried to put it in for pricing, they told me it wasn't available on their computer, I didn't see it as an option either. About two hours later they called and said they could put in the order, but haven't told me what their dealer fees are, after I asked. They just responded with "What do you want them to be". I'll be calling a couple more dealers on Monday, I was hoping to use my first one though.
For sure check out the recommended dealer thread and the map of dealers thread. Best pricing by far came from a some that were several hours away from me but well worth the drive. We shall see if any of my local dealers price match, but I highly doubt it.
Sponsored