www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Hi Steven,
I ended up using the Warn mounting plate. I stalled a Factor 55 UltraHook.
I've attached some photos. The photos also show various components of the ICON Vehicle Dynamics 2.5" Stage 8 suspension lift kit. I'm running 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 17" Teraflex Nomad wheels. I've installed the Go Rhino Spare Tire Relocation Bracket.
-David Yergensen
20200809_131650.jpg
20200809_132231.jpg
20200809_132349.jpg
20200809_132530.jpg
20200809_132652.jpg
20200809_132802.jpg
20200809_132950.jpg
Wow, it sits sooo nice! So, what are your immediate thoughts on the new lift? How do the Nitto RG's feel?

The Ultra Hook is another work of art from Factor 55.

-Steven
Sponsored

ClusterHead

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Granite Crystal JLUR Recon, 2014 HD Street Bob, Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Data Managenet Lead
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, it sits sooo nice! So, what are your immediate thoughts on the new lift? How do the Nitto RG's feel?

The Ultra Hook is another work of art from Factor 55.

-Steven
Initial thoughts: I haven't messed with the different shock settings. Currently, I have it set stiff and it rides very nice. It rides much b etter and smoother than my old 2009 JKU. I've only been able to drive around in the city thus far, and I'm loving the Icon suspension and the Nittos. I'll be able to go into the mountains next weekend and see how it feels in the rocks.

Did you get a chance to look at that Autel Evo II drone I was telling you about?

I'm looking forward to your bext video bro.
Cheers

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Initial thoughts: I haven't messed with the different shock settings. Currently, I have it set stiff and it rides very nice. It rides much b etter and smoother than my old 2009 JKU. I've only been able to drive around in the city thus far, and I'm loving the Icon suspension and the Nittos. I'll be able to go into the mountains next weekend and see how it feels in the rocks.

Did you get a chance to look at that Autel Evo II drone I was telling you about?

I'm looking forward to your bext video bro.
Cheers
Looking forward to hearing more as you explore the the new suspension.

Researching the Autel Evo is on my list. Working on new content for the channel as we speak:like:

-Steven

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Prepping for the winch install...
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_0115

...and this is looking much better...

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_0117

-Steven

ClusterHead

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Granite Crystal JLUR Recon, 2014 HD Street Bob, Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Data Managenet Lead
Vehicle Showcase
Prepping for the winch install...

...and this is looking much better...

-Steven
Steven, yeah that Epic fairlead looks excellent. The color provides a subtle contrast and flows perfectly with the Granite Crystal.

On another note, I think you had a Kargo Master Safari rack on your JK [which I liked]. I know they got bought-up by Metal Cloak, but I don't think MC is releasing this rack for the JL platform. I'm going to be getting the Gobi Ranger rack. Are you going to put a rack on your recon? If so, what racks have you been looking at?

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Steven, yeah that Epic fairlead looks excellent. The color provides a subtle contrast and flows perfectly with the Granite Crystal.

On another note, I think you had a Kargo Master Safari rack on your JK [which I liked]. I knowcthey got bought-up by Metal Cloak, but I don't think MC is releasing this rack for the JL platform. I'm going to be getting the Gobi Ranger rack. Are you going to put a rack on your recon? If so, what racks have you been looking at?
Regarding the rack, I was running the KMS Lo-Pro Mod Rack and loved it. For the JL build, what rack to run is a really good question!

I have the Rhino-Rack Vortex SG2 coming in. It's relatively inexpensive and I'll use that to transport the kayaks.

On this build my ethos will be light weight and capable. I really like the idea of an aluminum rack that is gutter mounted and I can remove when I don't need it.

So, currently looking at the Expedition One Mule Ultra Mid-Rack. They are expensive, but it is ticking off my objectives.

-Steven

Last edited:
OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
So this might have happened tonight.
40CE92B5-9D00-4ACB-A82B-D9E5F685DA09.jpeg
May have??? I see you're gassing up.

Details Amigo!!! :clap::clap::clap: That is a beautiful Recon!!!

-Steven

Last edited:

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
May have??? I see you're gassing up.

Details Amigo!!! :clap::clap::clap: That is a beautiful Recon!!!

-Steven
Really long story, not sure everyone wants to hear me fussing. This one somehow sat on the lot for a while build date was 2/2020 and as you can see it just has plain black decals on the hood and fender. On a better note it was priced I guess before a price increase so it was $480 less and a newer build.

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Really long story, not sure everyone wants to hear me fussing. This one somehow sat on the lot for a while build date was 2/2020 and as you can see it just has plain black decals on the hood and fender. On a better note it was priced I guess before a price increase so it was $480 less and a newer build.
Congrats John!

The decals are replaceable if you so desire...a little red on there would work great with the sting grey. The drivetrain is a blast right?

Thoughts on building it up?

-Steven

Sponsored

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
YEs - have to get with the Pixel folks. Well I am in Florida so that is not much terrain here, so this will be a beach Jeep and possibly the Ocala forrest. will do mainly cosmetic stuff, very similar to you.

Here is a quick list:

Stubby Antenna - ordered
Pedal Covers - ordered
Door Lock covers - ordered
Dead Pedal - Ordered (same one as everyone else uses - MORE, I think)

Future simple upgrades:

The Recon is a bit high for my wife so want to replace the Jeep rock rails with ones with a step - NEED RECOMMENDATION Pls.

Want to add dual exhaust - NEED RECOMENDATION

Believe it or not I like the plain Rubicon Wheels better than the Black ones so looking for to perhaps to trade for some plain Rubicon Rims.

Not sure what will be next.

Any recommendations please pass them on - thanks!

Have to get Uconnect all hooked up today. Looks like you have to start that process in the car, was trying to do it from the web.

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
YEs - have to get with the Pixel folks. Well I am in Florida so that is not much terrain here, so this will be a beach Jeep and possibly the Ocala forrest. will do mainly cosmetic stuff, very similar to you.

Here is a quick list:

Stubby Antenna - ordered
Pedal Covers - ordered
Door Lock covers - ordered
Dead Pedal - Ordered (same one as everyone else uses - MORE, I think)

Future simple upgrades:

The Recon is a bit high for my wife so want to replace the Jeep rock rails with ones with a step - NEED RECOMMENDATION Pls.

Want to add dual exhaust - NEED RECOMENDATION

Believe it or not I like the plain Rubicon Wheels better than the Black ones so looking for to perhaps to trade for some plain Rubicon Rims.

Not sure what will be next.

Any recommendations please pass them on - thanks!

Have to get Uconnect all hooked up today. Looks like you have to start that process in the car, was trying to do it from the web.
I do have a recommendation that I think your wife will love. Rock Slide Engineering Step Sliders.

I ran them on my previous JK which was on 37's/3.5" lift. This was the only way to truly give my wife and children access. You can also add armor if you plan on ever being in the rocks.

I will no doubt be running these on my JL build, as I'm planning a 3.5" lift and 37's initially.

I have a video review of the RSE steps up on my YouTube channel, check that out. Lastly, if anyone is looking at anything in the Rock Slide Engineering product line, I can save you 10%.

Simply enter the code: expeditionbuilds10 at check out on their site.

Looking forward to seeing your build take shape.

-Steven

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I do have a recommendation that I think your wife will love. Rock Slide Engineering Step Sliders.

I ran them on my previous JK which was on 37's/3.5" lift. This was the only way to truly give my wife and children access. You can also add armor if you plan on ever being in the rocks.

I will no doubt be running these on my JL build, as I'm planning a 3.5" lift and 37's initially.

I have a video review of the RSE steps up on my YouTube channel, check that out. Lastly, if anyone is looking at anything in the Rock Slide Engineering product line, I can save you 10%.

Simply enter the code: expeditionbuilds10 at check out on their site.

Looking forward to seeing your build take shape.

-Steven

Excellent - thanks. Can you please send me the link to your YouTube Chanel? Thanks so much Wow step sliders look really nice, and expensive. I was thinking something like this:

JL?obj=car&color=120,120,120&gloss=20&rs=d..208....jpg

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I got another small mod done today on Rubi. I changed out the stock amber LED sidemarkers with Diode Dynamics Clear LED Sidemarkers. Here's a look.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_0009

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_0132

I really like the American made quality...
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_0133

Stock
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_0012

Diode Dynamics
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_0135

and lit...
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_0136

This a straight forward install. Instructions were good. It took 5-7 minutes per side.

-Steven
Sponsored