Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Hello! Enjoying watching your build. I picked up a Recon in early July and am absolutely loving the vehicle and this build journey. I’m taking a couple ideas from yours already (hope you don’t mind!), the red Mag on the side of the seat to compliment the other red accents is right on target.

Question, how do you like the M.O.R.E. Extinguisher holder now that you’ve been able to live with it for a little bit? Are the bungees sufficient to securely hold it in place? Interior rattles are the bane of my existence...
Hi Mamba, good hearing from you!

I post this because the shared knowledge is so important...copy/borrow away :like:

I love and would recommend the M.O.R.E. carrier. The bungees hold the extinguisher tight with zero rattles. I just posted a trip video on the new Recon, check it out on the YouTube channel.

-Steven
Sponsored

ClusterHead

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Granite Crystal JLUR Recon, 2014 HD Street Bob, Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Data Managenet Lead
Vehicle Showcase
Hey David! I love the idea of having a flashlight available in the Jeep, in town, on the trails, whatever.

I was running the Max-3 flashlight bracket on my JK and loved that it mounted to bottom of the seat. Strangely, they moved the mounting position to the roll bar. Quadratec stepped right in with a good simple design. It's the little things right?

-Steven
Hi Steven,
Yeah, I agree. I actually have two of the Quadratec flashlight mounts. I have one mounted to the bottom of the driver seat and the 2nd one is mounted to the bottom of the passenger seat.

I started installing a new Icon Vehicle Dynamics stage 8 suspension lift yesterday and should finish today. I'm running 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers on TeraFlex Nomad wheels. I'm also installing a Warn 10S winch with Factor 55 UltraHook today.

Have a good one.

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hi Steven,
Yeah, I agree. I actually have two of the Quadratec flashlight mounts. I have one mounted to the bottom of the driver seat and the 2nd one is mounted to the bottom of the passenger seat.

I started installing a new Icon Vehicle Dynamics stage 8 suspension lift yesterday and should finish today. I'm running 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers on TeraFlex Nomad wheels. I'm also installing a Warn 10S winch with Factor 55 UltraHook today.

Have a good one.
Very much looking forward to seeing picks of the new Icon lift and hearing your impressions.

Take some before and after measurements. You're doing some of the very same mods I'll be doing here soon. Love the Nitto RG's :like:

What winch plate did you go with?

-Steven

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Man I am so discouraged, I just cannot find a Rubicon Recon in Florida that anyone wants to sell at a fair price. Been dealing with dealers in South Florida today what a waste of time - they all add tint, paint protection, GPS tracking and tint to the tune of $1200 to $1500, so while you might get them to a fair price that is the add on and so far today two dealers would not budge from that, crazy and I have an affiliate code from my employer and from tread lightly. Still trying.

I want the 2020 Recon as I want the eTorque engine and I don't really want to go to a Saraha.

I wonder how much more 2020 inventory is coming out of the factory - I know they are on to building 2021's but I wonder what the back log is like and will there be more inventory coming?

Still looking for a Recon

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Man I am so discouraged, I just cannot find a Rubicon Recon in Florida that anyone wants to sell at a fair price. Been dealing with dealers in South Florida today what a waste of time - they all add tint, paint protection, GPS tracking and tint to the tune of $1200 to $1500, so while you might get them to a fair price that is the add on and so far today two dealers would not budge from that, crazy and I have an affiliate code from my employer and from tread lightly. Still trying.

I want the 2020 Recon as I want the eTorque engine and I don't really want to go to a Saraha.

I wonder how much more 2020 inventory is coming out of the factory - I know they are on to building 2021's but I wonder what the back log is like and will there be more inventory coming?

Still looking for a Recon
Hey John, let's try this. I'm going to PM you a phone number of a dealer that maybe can help? Worth a try?

-Steven

Sponsored

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hmmm, this is looking interesting...
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_0071 2

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_0072

-Steven

Sponsored

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Alright, catching the thread up on a few new additions. The M.O.R.E. dead pedal was on back order, finally received that...
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_0010

This will make the long interstate drives so much more comfortable.

Next, I added a set of Mopar Brushed Pedal Pads. They pair nicely with the stainless steel door sill guards.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_9968

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 7.48.55 AM

-Steven

Last edited:
OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Time to turn my attention to the front end. I will be installing a Warn Zeon soon. After doing some research, I decided the run Artec's Winch Mounting Plate. I chose Artec because they are using 1/4" plate steel. With the way this is gusseted, it should stout enough to handle anything I throw at it. This mount weighs 29 lbs.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_0101

-Steven

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

ClusterHead

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Granite Crystal JLUR Recon, 2014 HD Street Bob, Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Data Managenet Lead
Vehicle Showcase
Very much looking forward to seeing picks of the new Icon lift and hearing your impressions.

Take some before and after measurements. You're doing some of the very same mods I'll be doing here soon. Love the Nitto RG's :like:

What winch plate did you go with?

-Steven
Hi Steven,
I ended up using the Warn mounting plate. I stalled a Factor 55 UltraHook.
I've attached some photos. The photos also show various components of the ICON Vehicle Dynamics 2.5" Stage 8 suspension lift kit. I'm running 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 17" Teraflex Nomad wheels. I've installed the Go Rhino Spare Tire Relocation Bracket.
-David Yergensen
20200809_131650.jpg
20200809_132231.jpg
20200809_132349.jpg
20200809_132530.jpg
20200809_132652.jpg
20200809_132802.jpg
20200809_132950.jpg
Sponsored