Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
I just posted a new video today on a tire manufacturer that many may not be aware of. Check it out.

-Steven
Sponsored

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Stage Two

Alright, I've been considering my next mods in preparation of attending EJS this Spring.

- Roof Rack
- On-Board Air System
- Re-Gear
- Front Fender Chop

I've decided I'll be running 4.88's. That should get me back to near stock performance with the new 37's.

Who's going to EJS this year?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HJ5REOo6XbFuakJem6TTw

-Steven

Last edited:
OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I like it, do you think it would sound different on my 3.6. I wouldnā€™t want it any louder, yours sounds good but thatā€™s as loud as I would want it. Even slightly quieter would be perfect for me.
I think it will most likely sound better on the 3.6. This was the biggest difference I noticed between the OEM muffler and the AFE, clearance aside.

The AFE is much deeper in tone. I could actually feel it in my chest as I was close to the exhaust getting sound clips. It sounds nearly as quiet at idle in the cabin and sounds great when you get on the skinny pedal. I had no drone with the 2.0L at interstate cruising speed.

So, if you're looking for that deeper, more robust tone, this might be right for you. I wouldn't call it 'slightly quieter' than stock, more like slightly louder than stock. I hope this helps you Bro?

-Steven

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I think it will most likely sound better on the 3.6. This was the biggest difference I noticed between the OEM muffler and the AFE, clearance aside.

The AFE is much deeper in tone. I could actually feel it in my chest as I was close to the exhaust getting sound clips. It sounds nearly as quiet at idle in the cabin and sounds great when you get on the skinny pedal. I had no drone with the 2.0L at interstate cruising speed.

So, if you're looking for that deeper, more robust tone, this might be right for you. I wouldn't call it 'slightly quieter' than stock, more like slightly louder than stock. I hope this helps you Bro?

-Steven
Yeah, Thanks bud...that helps, appreciate it...

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I did this mod in the Fall, looking to cover the inside of my OEM Steel front bumper from the salty onslaught of a Chicago winter....it performed really well. As you can see, I'm running the bumper with the end caps removed. Here's a quick look.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_2299

I'm working up a short video to cover the mod. Stay tuned for that.

-Steven

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR ER, 2008 JKU Sahara, 2023 Yukon XL,
I did this mod in the Fall, looking to cover the inside of my OEM Steel front bumper from the salty onslaught of a Chicago winter....it performed really well. As you can see, I'm running the bumper with the end caps removed. Here's a quick look.

-Steven
This is a great mod and Iā€™ll be looking forward to the video. This is something Iā€™ll be interested in doing myself.

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Hey Steven. I just picked up the dual arb and Grimm bracket. What on board air are you going with??
I commented on your channel about the AFE filter. I installed that a week ago. So far, so good. šŸ‘šŸ»

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hey Steven. I just picked up the dual arb and Grimm bracket. What on board air are you going with??
I commented on your channel about the AFE filter. I installed that a week ago. So far, so good. šŸ‘šŸ»
Hey Mike! Appreciate the support on the channel brother. Tell me again, are you running the 3.6 or 2.0L? Any difference on throttle response with the freer flowing AFE filter?

I'm looking at the Up Down Air system built around the ARB Twin. I want to have the compressor in the cargo area out of the elements and I really like the design of their Gen 2 air delivery system.

-Steven

Sponsored

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Of course man!
Iā€™ve got the 2.0. The AFE *feels smoother during acceleration. Feels freer flowing. I do have the MBRP cat back as well. I detected a slight mpg improvement during sustained highway speeds. So far, it seems worth the cost.

Hey Mike! Appreciate the support on the channel brother. Tell me again, are you running the 3.6 or 2.0L? Any difference on throttle response with the freer flowing AFE filter?

I'm looking at the Up Down Air system built around the ARB Twin. I want to have the compressor in the cargo area out of the elements and I really like the design of their Gen 2 air delivery system.

-Steven

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Of course man!
Iā€™ve got the 2.0. The AFE *feels smoother during acceleration. Feels freer flowing. I do have the MBRP cat back as well. I detected a slight mpg improvement during sustained highway speeds. So far, it seems worth the cost.
Ahh, 2.0T! I see the same with the filter, slight gain in mpg and the turbo spool-up feels a little quicker...it's definitely flowing better.

How do you like the MBRP Cat-Back with the 2.0L?

-Steven

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Ahh, 2.0T! I see the same with the filter, slight gain in mpg and the turbo spool-up feels a little quicker...it's definitely flowing better.

How do you like the MBRP Cat-Back with the 2.0L?

-Steven
The MBRP is ā€œokayā€. Never had another cat back to compare. The 2.0 really seemed to scoot down the road with the exhaust. It is noticeably louder when on the throttle merging onto the freeway. Normal driving, I donā€™t notice any additional noise. At cold start up, itā€™s definitely louder than stock.
Itā€™s tucked up really nice but now I have the plastic under storage tray melted in the corner. I still need to add a heat shield to it.
Itā€™s on my to do list very soon before my first trip to Moab next month.

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
The MBRP is ā€œokayā€. Never had another cat back to compare. The 2.0 really seemed to scoot down the road with the exhaust. It is noticeably louder when on the throttle merging onto the freeway. Normal driving, I donā€™t notice any additional noise. At cold start up, itā€™s definitely louder than stock.
Itā€™s tucked up really nice but now I have the plastic under storage tray melted in the corner. I still need to add a heat shield to it.
Itā€™s on my to do list very soon before my first trip to Moab next month.
Thanks for the MBRP update! Notice any drone at highway speed?

Also, does MBRP include a heat shield material with the exhaust? I'd love to hear a sound clip.

-Steven

KAMIECON

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link

-Steven
Great mod! Iā€™ll look for your DIY vid steve!
Sponsored