Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Thanks, Steven. If I was only thinking dirt driving, I’d get the Trails in a heartbeat. I’ve been running GY Duratracs for the last 3 years with a limited slip (no lockers) and really never had any issues with traction so that leads me to think I’d have zero issue with the Ridges which strike me as a more capable tire. If I have to drive 4000mi out and back in a few years for a trip to UT/CO, I think I’ll be happy to have the Ridges. Thanks doe your reply.
My pleasure Dan. I agree, if I trailered my Jeep to the trails, I'd probably run the Trail Grapplers. The Trails would give you stronger sidewalls as well I believe.

On my 'Stage 1' of my JK build I ran 35" GoodYear Duratracs. Great tire, especially in the wet/snow.

I think you'll love the Ridge Grapplers. As I said, I think it may be one of the best hybrid M/T's out there. Best of luck with whatever tire you finally decide to run.

-Steven
Sponsored

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Bump Stops

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_0789D

I was reviewing some video footage I shot while doing the West Rim night run at the completion of my lift install. I noticed that near the end of the trail as we were coming in on the dunes that I was surprised by a series of good sized bumps that should have bottomed the suspension.

I was pleasantly surprised how well the new Fox bump stops handled the hit(s). That prompted me to do a video on the need/benefits of bump stops on a Jeep build. Check it out on my YouTube channel, you'll find it under 'Favorite Mods'.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HJ5REOo6XbFuakJem6TTw

More to come, stay tuned✌🏻

-Steven

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Bump Stops

I was reviewing some video footage I shot while doing the West Rim night run at the completion of my lift install. I noticed that near the end of the trail as we were coming in on the dunes that I was surprised by a series of good sized bumps that should have bottomed the suspension.

I was pleasantly surprised how well the new Fox bump stops handled the hit(s). That prompted me to do a video on the need/benefits of bump stops on a Jeep build. Check it out on my YouTube channel, you'll find it under 'Favorite Mods'.

-Steven
These are definitely on my to do list, 🙂

Sponsored

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cold Weather Group

Alright, back to JL features that I love. I cut a quick video last night on this one, enjoy!

-Steven

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
Bump Stops

-Steven
I want to do this when my 392 comes in. On my JK, I have teraflex speed bumps which are better than stock, but they wear out and not hydraultic / air like Fox or King. I drive on the dunes and progressive rate bump stops make a HUGE difference.

In your picture it appears that the bump is loose, that the upper ring has a gap to the top of the tower. And the top of the bump stop head his bending the inner fender. Can you clarify. 1) Is it supposed to fit that way 2) are these made for the JL, or did you/your shop just make it work 3) how hard was the install 4) do you have a link to the ones you used 5) Why did you chose Fox over King and 6) are these adjustable for pressure with a nitrogen port?

I just discovered this post and plan to binge watch your youtube channel tonight, I'm sure that will answer some of my questions.

Thank you.

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I want to do this when my 392 comes in. On my JK, I have teraflex speed bumps which are better than stock, but they wear out and not hydraultic / air like Fox or King. I drive on the dunes and progressive rate bump stops make a HUGE difference.

In your picture it appears that the bump is loose, that the upper ring has a gap to the top of the tower. And the top of the bump stop head his bending the inner fender. Can you clarify. 1) Is it supposed to fit that way 2) are these made for the JL, or did you/your shop just make it work 3) how hard was the install 4) do you have a link to the ones you used 5) Why did you chose Fox over King and 6) are these adjustable for pressure with a nitrogen port?

I just discovered this post and plan to binge watch your youtube channel tonight, I'm sure that will answer some of my questions.

Thank you.
Hey Matt! First off, congrats on your 392 order, can't wait to see/hear more about that.

Like you I ran Speed Bumps on my previous JK build. They work well, and at the price point you can't go wrong. For my JL build I wanted to go with a hydraulic bump stop.

I was looking at King and Fox Racing, however the King units were on back order and we could not get a set in time for this lift/build install so I chose the Fox Racing. I have zero regrets, really pleased with the performance of these. Also, the finish is holding up very well as I subject it to a very harsh, salty Chicago winter.

In the pic you are referencing, I shot that during the install. I'm not actually sure the bumps stops were tightened down, although I suspect they were as the springs are in.

I went out and shot a new pic to use as reference.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_2156

Here's answers to your questions:
1) The bump stops are adjusted up/down to the desired length/point of contact. We then clearanced the stock fender liner.
2) These are made for the JL. These are Fox # 883-02-167
3) Not too hard to install. You will need to cut the factory jounce tube. Be sure your cut is square, paint it and install the bump stop.
4) https://www.ridefox.com/product.php...ep&model=Wrangler+JL&year=2020&position=Front I ordered mine NorthRidge 4x4.
5) The Kings were on back order.
6) These use both nitrogen and oil. They are rebuildable. The air valve is located under the strike plate. To my knowledge, they are not adjustable.

Thanks for the support on the YouTube channel brother, it means a lot✌🏻

-Steven

Sponsored

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Last edited:

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
Did you consider doing the rears bump stops also?

Do you happen to have a link for the Kings?

I like your YouTube channel. I especially like the clear audio, the fixed camera (I can’t stand those guys who wave the camera everywhere makes me sick to watch), and detailed explanation of what you are doing with images.

Separate topic how do you like the Baja Design lights? How is the output of light?

Do you have a final pic of the TF tire carrier to see how the 3rd brake light is installed? I am debating between teraflex and the mopar relocation kit which is more basic.

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Did you consider doing the rears bump stops also?

Do you happen to have a link for the Kings?

I like your YouTube channel. I especially like the clear audio, the fixed camera (I can’t stand those guys who wave the camera everywhere makes me sick to watch), and detailed explanation of what you are doing with images.

Separate topic how do you like the Baja Design lights? How is the output of light?

Do you have a final pic of the TF tire carrier to see how the 3rd brake light is installed? I am debating between teraflex and the mopar relocation kit which is more basic.
- I did not consider the rears, because I've never hit that hard on the rear. The front end is what takes the hit. However, if your building more of a Pre-Runner style build then why not...the extra protection would give peace of mind.

I was on the Rubicon Trail shooting content for Dixie 4 Wheel Drive last summer and had a chance to meet and hang out with Shane from Genright Offroad. He is running King products and I had a chance to see his rig up close. In fact, I'll be doing a 'build review' on his Jeep soon. Everyone knows King's reputation in the industry so that was going to be my first choice.

Here's a link to the Genright website. They show the King Bump Stop for the Jk, I was told it's the same for the JL. I would however double check that with them.

https://genright.com/products/king-bump-stop-jk-front-pair.html

- Thanks for the kind words regarding the YouTube channel! We are just getting started, very excited about future content. I come from a catalog/advertising photo background, so my intent is to bring that kind of production value to the channel.

- The Baja LP4's are SUPERB!!!. They will get a review soon. In short, my favorite aux light I've run so far on a Jeep, and that's saying a lot.

- Love the TeraFlex Alpha HD Carrier. Rock solid. Here's a pic of how the light relocates.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon TeraFlex Alpha

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_1159

The only thing I'd change is this, with my offset on my beadlocks the camera need to move further out. I plan on doing a mod for that when it's not so damn cold.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_0904

You can see I'm giving up a lot of the downward view through the excellent OEM camera.

-Steven

KAMIECON

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
great build and great info on the channel. I spent an hour reading and subscribed to your YT channel. very similar direction in my build as well, thanks for the reviews.

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)