Rubi JLU suspension on a Sport S 2door question

Macchiato

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jl Sport S
I was talking to a guy today that came to buy my old JK hardtop and he mentioned that if I wanted a quick and inexpensive lift option for my sport 2 door, simply pick up a take off from a 4door Rubi. He said it would give me a least 1 1/2" lift as it was made for a 4 door that is much heavier.

Anyone else have any experience here? That is really close to the amount of lift I would want and I can get 4door rubi take off's for $200 all over.
Sponsored

Ochoa1801

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2018 sport S
Yes 4 doors rubicon suspension in my 4 doors sport S around 2 inch Lift

OP
OP

Macchiato

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jl Sport S
Yes 4 doors rubicon suspension in my 4 doors sport S around 2 inch Lift
I have a 2 door, not a 4 door. Not my question. A rubi 4 door isn't 2" higher than a sport 4 door, so seems odd anyone could get near 2" from it. However a 2 door....anyone? Someone that really knows the JL?

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
The Rubicon naturally sits higher so my guess is you're going to get more than 2". You have to factor in the weight difference of the 4 vs 2 door plus the height difference of Rubicon vs Sport. I'm sure someone has attempted it and maybe they will chime in. You might get an idea if someone who has a 2 door Rubicon can measure their springs and then compare that spring to a 4 door Rubicon?

OP
OP

Macchiato

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jl Sport S
The Rubicon naturally sits higher so my guess is you're going to get more than 2". You have to factor in the weight difference of the 4 vs 2 door plus the height difference of Rubicon vs Sport. I'm sure someone has attempted it and maybe they will chime in. You might get an idea if someone who has a 2 door Rubicon can measure their springs and then compare that spring to a 4 door Rubicon?
That was my thinking as well. There is about 500lbs difference between them, but not sure how much of Rubi height is larger tires and what The height difference is. I can't seem to find that info. I don't want to spend the money and all day installing it to find out I got one inch or less. Yuck.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
That was my thinking as well. There is about 500lbs difference between them, but not sure how much of Rubi height is larger tires and what The height difference is. I can't seem to find that info. I don't want to spend the money and all day installing it to find out I got one inch or less. Yuck.
@TankCustomsAlex might be able to help you with this question. He has a shop and does all kinds of cool stuff to jeeps:like:

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder

I recently went through the entire suspension forum, looking for information on the JLUR to JLUS swap. There are a couple of threads on this conversion as I recall.

Onyx Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1999 Xj, 2001 Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
I recently went through the entire suspension forum, looking for information on the JLUR to JLUS swap. There are a couple of threads on this conversion as I recall.
He doesn't have a U.

Sponsored

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
He doesn't have a U.
I realize that. I do though.
I guess I wasn’t clear. I was looking for information on my swap, and
I noticed that there are threads on his.

OP
OP

Macchiato

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jl Sport S
He doesn't have a U.
Exactly. I found some about a U conversion, but nothing about a RU to 2 Door sport. My other concerns were if it does lift it 2", do I need a steering geometry correction? Track bar? Are the sway bar links the same size? This is why I asked the question. If it is a simple swap - meaning just springs and shocks and I get a 1 1/2" lift, sweet!

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Exactly. I found some about a U conversion, but nothing about a RU to 2 Door sport. My other concerns were if it does lift it 2", do I need a steering geometry correction? Track bar? Are the sway bar links the same size? This is why I asked the question. If it is a simple swap - meaning just springs and shocks and I get a 1 1/2" lift, sweet!
Again, there is information on the swap you are considering on the suspension forum. I’m done now.

OP
OP

Macchiato

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jl Sport S
I realize that. I do though.
I guess I wasn’t clear. I was looking for information on my swap, and
I noticed that there are threads on his.
When I get a chance I will go back to searching, but man I read a ton and didn't come across that yet.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
When I get a chance I will go back to searching, but man I read a ton and didn't come across that yet.
I’ve found the search function here pretty much useless. 100 irrelevant hits for every relevant one.
You have to scroll through the pages, I’m afraid.
Sponsored