Rubi fenders on Sport

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Just added them to mine, paid $480 for the set of 4. Also, I have the 3 piece rear bumper so I ordered the extra parts to make the flares match up to the rear bumper.

as far as the lighting goes, all the lights work properly except it being able to turn on the white led drl without turning on the market lights. Tried with my programmer and nothing.
Sponsored

4LowPhoto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
for those of you that have done the fender swap, and successfully hooked up the lights, where do you plug the amber side marker light harness into? iirc, the Sport lights are all controlled by one harness. the rubi lights have separate lights in the fenders with separate harnesses. i see the main light harness is the same as the Sports. where does the corner/amber harness plug into?

They legit just plug in.

48371404_2235398143374778_389457755976499200_n.jpg

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
Just added them to mine, paid $480 for the set of 4. Also, I have the 3 piece rear bumper so I ordered the extra parts to make the flares match up to the rear bumper.

as far as the lighting goes, all the lights work properly except it being able to turn on the white led drl without turning on the market lights. Tried with my programmer and nothing.
Can you explain the bumper thing I’m confused

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Can you explain the bumper thing I’m confused
my bumper is what they call the 3 piece bumper, the side pieces come off and there’s different ones depending on which flares you have. I believe I got that one since I have the sensors in my bumper.

anyway once you add rubi fenders you’ll see the side panels on the bumper no longer match up with the flare.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Just buy aftermarket bumpers. They look better, are better and are much cheaper (depending).

ken31756

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL
Turbo can you provide any further info on what you ordered to line up the Rubicon high top fenders with you rear bumper...... like did you get them from Jeep, part numbers? Thanks!

my bumper is what they call the 3 piece bumper, the side pieces come off and there’s different ones depending on which flares you have. I believe I got that one since I have the sensors in my bumper.

anyway once you add rubi fenders you’ll see the side panels on the bumper no longer match up with the flare.

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
After market high top fender , easy install ,

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi fenders on Sport 93AEF275-3744-4613-B051-6C6EFA40FD82

were these installed on a Sport? I see the LED turn signals are they plug and play or was additional wiring harness needed and can you enable the LEDsto work or is dealer programming needed.

thinking of doing this and running 35 as an interim before doing a full lift. TIA

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Turbo can you provide any further info on what you ordered to line up the Rubicon high top fenders with you rear bumper...... like did you get them from Jeep, part numbers? Thanks!
good question I’d like to know what @Turbo_punkn

I’m assuming you have a plastic bumper like most us us with Sport/Sport S.
Can you elaborate on the parts you ordered? Were they the end caps? Simple swap?

Sponsored

Stinger6

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sports 2 door
were these installed on a Sport? I see the LED turn signals are they plug and play or was additional wiring harness needed and can you enable the LEDsto work or is dealer programming needed.

thinking of doing this and running 35 as an interim before doing a full lift. TIA
I have Tazer mini , Jeep service center won't do it .. yes all works well now .. I have to Re program the LED enable

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have Tazer mini , Jeep service center won't do it .. yes all works well now .. I have to Re program the LED enable
itoo have the Tazer mini so it’s as simple as using the LED enable function? I upgraded to the Mopar factory LED headlights Which the dealer enabled. I’m wondering if that will automatically enable the LED DRL or if using the Tazer will be required - hoping it doesn’t mess with the headlights?

iniezen

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Loving the color matched high-line Rubi fender flares, but as others have pointed out, I see two issues and would love advice: 1. the rear bumper mismatch looks weird and 2. the hood clips on the sport don't line up perfectly with the indentation on the Rubi fenders. Any ideas?
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi fenders on Sport IMG_1011
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi fenders on Sport IMG_1010
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi fenders on Sport IMG_1009

Stinger6

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sports 2 door
good question I’d like to know what @Turbo_punkn

I’m assuming you have a plastic bumper like most us us with Sport/Sport S.
Can you elaborate on the parts you ordered? Were they the end caps? Simple swap?
Yeah I just buy that on eBay :) .. I say , like if I don't like it I will buy a real parts in mopar , but when I installed it it's looks like the real one .. yes I have the plastic one

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

@Turbo_punkn I ordered new end caps and the inner brace.

It looks like I would assemble the end cap to the brace/bracket with the white retainer clips /screws hardware AND mount The assembled brace/end cap to the bumper by the 4 screws? Is it that simple or is it more involved
Sponsored