Rubi express, teraflex, or mopar lift

TroyG2015

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
When measured at the same point from the axle to the upper spring mount the Mopar was 1/8" higher in the front. I didn't get a chance to measure the rear for comparison.
Here is a picture of my White JL with RC 2.5 & 37s next to a customer's Billet Silver with Mopar 2" and 35s.
DSC_0867.JPG
TTEChris,

I took your advise and just ordered the 2.5 RC kit and will also looking at maybe upgrading the shocks later down the road. Thanks for your input and pics to help me make my decision. I also ordered the 2.2 Steering Stabilizer from RC, thoughts on that or if I just wasted $59.00?

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
TTEChris,

I took your advise and just ordered the 2.5 RC kit and will also looking at maybe upgrading the shocks later down the road. Thanks for your input and pics to help me make my decision. I also ordered the 2.2 Steering Stabilizer from RC, thoughts on that or if I just wasted $59.00?
Well, it matches the shocks :like:
The stabilizer may make the steering a little firmer, but in all honestly it is mostly a visual thing unless your stock steering stabilizer is bad or you get one of the through shaft style stabilizers like the Fox ATS(Personal preference, but I like the ability to turn the adjuster to full stiff on longer highway trips and full soft offroad.)

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I wish the silver Jeep had 37s also. it would be easier to compare tha two. Everyone that has put the Mopar said they're getting 3 inches out of it. They have measure before and after but I have to admit for the price the rough country is hard to beat. If someone just wants the stock ride it's hard to beat 179 or 189 for a 2.5 spacer lift is a great deal

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I wish the silver Jeep had 37s also. it would be easier to compare tha two. Everyone that has put the Mopar said they're getting 3 inches out of it. They have measure before and after but I have to admit for the price the rough country is hard to beat. If someone just wants the stock ride it's hard to beat 179 or 189 for a 2.5 spacer lift is a great deal
The silver Jeep was 1/8" higher than the Rough Country 2.5" Spacer up front measured at the same point(Axle tube to the top of the spring perch, where the tires have no effect on measurements.)
Now the 1/8" may make it higher at the very front of the Jeep, but I measured both after they had been driven for a week or so to make sure the Mopar springs had a little time to settle.

Sponsored

TroyG2015

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Well, it matches the shocks :like:
The stabilizer may make the steering a little firmer, but in all honestly it is mostly a visual thing unless your stock steering stabilizer is bad or you get one of the through shaft style stabilizers like the Fox ATS(Personal preference, but I like the ability to turn the adjuster to full stiff on longer highway trips and full soft offroad.)

Did you do the install yourself or had someone do it, If so how was the install? Not sure if I should try and do it myself.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Did you do the install yourself or had someone do it, If so how was the install? Not sure if I should try and do it myself.
I did the install myself, but I have a lift, tools and lots of experience. I think it's great for everyone to take the time and learn to work on the Jeep(Especially if you end up Wheeling it.) The money saved from the install can be used to purchase the tools you need. Those tools, and the knowledge of all the suspension components could help save your ass on a trail.
The worst part of the install for me is crawling around on the ground and torquing all the bolts. I always loosen all the control arm/track bar bolts when I have it in the air, then torque everything down when the Jeep has settled(So the bushings don't bind.)
Expect the install to take a lot longer than what is quoted on the site, but invite a friend over have some beers and enjoy the day :beer:
I believe Chris is a BA and does the work himself. :muscle:
Man, I've had some bad experiences with mechanics. When I was 16, I took my first car in for a rear brake job. When I went to pick it up I drove maybe 100 yards before I start hearing a horrible metal grinding. Turns out they installed the brake pads backwards :asshat: Since then the only people I let touch my vehicles are body shops, and tire shops(Even they love to mess things up.)

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I did the install myself, but I have a lift, tools and lots of experience. I think it's great for everyone to take the time and learn to work on the Jeep(Especially if you end up Wheeling it.) The money saved from the install can be used to purchase the tools you need. Those tools, and the knowledge of all the suspension components could help save your ass on a trail.
The worst part of the install for me is crawling around on the ground and torquing all the bolts. I always loosen all the control arm/track bar bolts when I have it in the air, then torque everything down when the Jeep has settled(So the bushings don't bind.)
Expect the install to take a lot longer than what is quoted on the site, but invite a friend over have some beers and enjoy the day :beer:

Man, I've had some bad experiences with mechanics. When I was 16, I took my first car in for a rear brake job. When I went to pick it up I drove maybe 100 yards before I start hearing a horrible metal grinding. Turns out they installed the brake pads backwards :asshat: Since then the only people I let touch my vehicles are body shops, and tire shops(Even they love to mess things up.)
I am trying to picture how you could possibly put brake pads in backwards!
Sponsored