Sponsored

Rubi, bent armor, please post photo?

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
So I bent this metal guard thing and also pulled out the plastic cover.

I’m not really sure how this metal gaurd is supposed to be attached to the vehicle. Can someone take a picture of theirs?

‘22 rubi if it matters.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi, bent armor, please post photo? image

9E982D9B-A08D-4645-9439-DF2DF94C6D11.jpeg
Sponsored

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
It’s basically worthless. I’d just trash it & buy a real “crash bar” skid plate. I picked one up from CavFab for $130-140 when I ditched the OEM plastic bumper in favor of a steel stubby bumper. That plastic & thin steel air damn combo just gets in the way.

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
This and this. Ditch it and get a good bumper. I I went with the Rockhard bumper with incorporated skid plate. Got me through the Rubicon Trail perfectly.

OP
OP

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
It’s basically worthless. I’d just trash it & buy a real “crash bar” skid plate. I picked one up from CavFab for $130-140 when I ditched the OEM plastic bumper in favor of a steel stubby bumper. That plastic & thin steel air damn combo just gets in the way.
Thanks, not sure how long I’m going to have this vehicle so trying to keep it stock for now. Also no rocks where I’m at so it’s not really protecting much.

Just going to sacrifice the oem cheap stuff and replace it when it’s time to sell.

So basically just going to bend it back, but not really sure how far I bent it.

I’ve learned that the plastic bumpers and fenders are basically sacrificial consumables. So going to take advantage of that.

I do wish I had a winch though.

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Thanks, not sure how long I’m going to have this vehicle so trying to keep it stock for now. Also no rocks where I’m at so it’s not really protecting much.

Just going to sacrifice the oem cheap stuff and replace it when it’s time to sell.

So basically just going to bend it back, but not really sure how far I bent it.

I’ve learned that the plastic bumpers and fenders are basically sacrificial consumables. So going to take advantage of that.

I do wish I had a winch though.
You could probably find an OEM take off piece for free. I threw mine in the trash as there’s no value. Good luck!
Sponsored