Sponsored

Rubbing now that I extended rear control arms.

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I installed rear upper and lower adjustable control arms (Clayton’s) and had the alignment done. Now that we adjusted them accordingly, I am running pretty bad on the rear plastic inner liner. I heated the drivers side up and pushed it back a tad. They still run though.

As I mentioned in my recent thread, I am running 37x13.50 mud grapplers and the Mopar 2” lift. Adjustable track bars as well.

When I first installed the lift, it didn’t seem to rub. I’m wondering if the lift settled a little and the adjustment on the control arms is causing the rubbing.

Any ideas? Suggestions?
Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
If it's only rubbing on the rear plastic bump out, either reshape it further or trim it. I trimmed ours with a pocket knife on top of the world in moab. If you don't want to deal with the liner, you could shorten the control arms until it clears, assuming you have clearance in the front of the wheel well. The 3rd option would be more bump stop, but that's the last one I'd choose as you're giving up uptravel for a piece of plastic.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
If it's only rubbing on the rear plastic bump out, either reshape it further or trim it. I trimmed ours with a pocket knife on top of the world in moab. If you don't want to deal with the liner, you could shorten the control arms until it clears, assuming you have clearance in the front of the wheel well. The 3rd option would be more bump stop, but that's the last one I'd choose as you're giving up uptravel for a piece of plastic.
Any chance you have any pics of your trim job 🤣
Sponsored