BrendanMarine

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Good evening;

TLDR - Jeep had rubbing/squeeling noise from rear when making low speed tight turns. Only happens when Jeep is warmed up and driven a few minutes (video attached)

I bought this Jeep 5 days ago. It is a 2021 Unlimited Sahara. I didn’t notice this noise during the test drive since it seems to only occur when the Jeep is warmed up. I took it back to the dealer last week, and they said it was the emergency brake that was too tight. They loosened it, and I thought the problem was gone today. However; after driving it around today, the noise has returned. It only sounds during tight turns when I’m accelerating slowly. Also, the Jeep needs to be warm. This is embarrassing in parking lots and disappointing since I’ve only had it less than a week. Have not taken it off road or abused it.

Any thoughts what this could be? I’m planning on taking it back to get looked at but it seems that the dealer has no idea.
Sponsored

Attachments

Snakeman1992

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 willys
Did you find out what this was? I have the same exact noise on my 2021 Willy’s, just started when it got cold out here in Michigan. I’m stumped.

Roobicon

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
2021 Rubicon JLU 4xe. Same issue. Posting here to see if anyone has a resolution.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Thanks for that. I was reading in another thread on here it could be the seal on the rear tailgate as well. I’ll start with that and then take it to the professionals. Appreciate the link.
It sucks having to find random noises. I had one in my RS that I finally ended up getting a buddy to sit on the hatch area. It was a goddamn nut rolling around the area where the spare would normally be except the RS doesn't have a spare and it's a bunch of foam compartments. Under that. Lol.

Honestly. If you post a video in here, someone will have an idea.

Roobicon

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
For anyone that finds this: in my '21 Rubicon 4xe, this is apparently a known thing (when I brought it in they seemed to indicate that they had a bulletin on this issue). Jeep is replacing the cotter pins in the suspension and the bolts in the rear bumper.

This is a recording of what the noise sounded like (if that helps).

Roobicon

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I'm back almost a year later. I laid waste to the underside of my Jeep at any pivot-point with WD-40 and I haven't heard is since 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored