Rubbing issues with 315/70R17 Tires

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
I am about to pull the trigger on some 35s and want to make sure I’m not going to rub on either my LCA or Sway Bar. Currently I’m running the stock 31.5 on stock wheels. I installed rubicon suspension and fenders And front bumper.

My understanding is that I need backspacing (i dont want to get spacers) to push my tires out away from my components, otherwise ill rub on stock rubicon or stock sport wheels. Is that correct?

I am in the market for wheels And tires i suppose, but I want to be sure that I dont rub on my setup. I know the rubi axles are wider, which is why stock wheels and 35s work, so maybe ill win the lottery and buy a set. Until then, I can only hope.
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I am about to pull the trigger on some 35s and want to make sure I’m not going to rub on either my LCA or Sway Bar. Currently I’m running the stock 31.5 on stock wheels. I installed rubicon suspension and fenders And front bumper.

My understanding is that I need backspacing (i dont want to get spacers) to push my tires out away from my components, otherwise ill rub on stock rubicon or stock sport wheels. Is that correct?

I am in the market for wheels And tires i suppose, but I want to be sure that I dont rub on my setup. I know the rubi axles are wider, which is why stock wheels and 35s work, so maybe ill win the lottery and buy a set. Until then, I can only hope.
You can adjust your steering stop bolt

Also take a look at 35x11.5 tires instead

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
You can adjust your steering stop bolt

Also take a look at 35x11.5 tires instead
yeah steering stop bolts are easy to adjust, takes a few min. I had to do it with the 37s I put on my sport even with the 4.5 backspacing wheels.

LSguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
yeah steering stop bolts are easy to adjust, takes a few min. I had to do it with the 37s I put on my sport even with the 4.5 backspacing wheels.
What did you rub with that setup? I'm 37s on a willys, stock wheels no lift and 2 inch wheel spacers and I don't rub anything at full lock without adjusting steering stops

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
What did you rub with that setup? I'm 37s on a willys, stock wheels no lift and 2 inch wheel spacers and I don't rub anything at full lock without adjusting steering stops
The tire would rub the LCAs at full turn right/left.
Sponsored