Sponsored

RTT on 2 door soft top Exposed Rack System?

LaunchMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 2 Dr.
Has anyone used the Exposed Rack soft top system (different than the one for hard tops) with a RTT on your 2 door? In messaging with Exposed Racks it sounds like the racks for the 2 door soft top can handle a RTT. Wondering if anyone has done this and if so, what are your impressions? I would like to occasionally use a RTT with the Jeep but I am getting the soft top and would prefer to not have the expedition rack style (or price) installed. I also would not be doing any serious off-roading with the tent on the Jeep. Bad gravel roads at most.
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I have a Rhino Rack on a HT but that rack should be fine. Just pay close attention to weight limits and do not exceed them.

Static Weight Limit: The limit when not moving. RTT and all contents (including people) cannot exceed this limit.

Dynamic Weight Limit: The limit when driving. About one-third of Static Weight Limit. This is a very important one, bad gravel roads are harder on a roof rack than you may think and you probably won't notice something is breaking until it completely fails.