First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

We finally upgraded our stock tie rod and drag link with the RPM Steering 2.5 Ton JL/JT 2'' Aluminum Steering Tie Rod & Drag Link Kit w/ the Fox 2.0 TS! - https://bit.ly/2DOhH3l
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL RPM Steering 2.5 Ton JL/JT 2'' Aluminum Tie Rod & Drag Link Kit 19
Jeep Wrangler JL RPM Steering 2.5 Ton JL/JT 2'' Aluminum Tie Rod & Drag Link Kit 27

Some more shots of the steering.

Cl2775

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep JLUR, 2015 Jk
Jeep Wrangler JL RPM Steering 2.5 Ton JL/JT 2'' Aluminum Tie Rod & Drag Link Kit 27

Some more shots of the steering.
What’s the difference between RPM and Fusion 4x4.....they are all 2.5 ton and use the same aluminum on their rods and they all look the same

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
What’s the difference between RPM and Fusion 4x4.....they are all 2.5 ton and use the same aluminum on their rods and they all look the same
Not sure. They look similar. I wasn't aware that they had a kit for the JL. Two of my buddies run RPM, and it worked for them, so I gave it a shot.

Cl2775

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep JLUR, 2015 Jk
Not sure. They look similar. I wasn't aware that they had a kit for the JL. Two of my buddies run RPM, and it worked for them, so I gave it a shot.
How’s your steering compare to before the install? Any clearance issues?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
How’s your steering compare to before the install? Any clearance issues?
Its been a lot better, more stiff. There is still the small dead space. I am told the Synergy Sector Shaft Brace will fix that, but haven't tried yet. It was nice to get off the trail and not need to re-adjust my steering. Everything stayed true. No clearance issues, it gets really close though with my lift and had to push the stabilizer back a bit. There are a few requirements needed for this kit though. I go over them all in the video. But you need a min of 2" lift. 3" would be better. I'll be going to a 4" lift soon, then it should all have plenty of room.

Cl2775

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep JLUR, 2015 Jk
Its been a lot better, more stiff. There is still the small dead space. I am told the Synergy Sector Shaft Brace will fix that, but haven't tried yet. It was nice to get off the trail and not need to re-adjust my steering. Everything stayed true. No clearance issues, it gets really close though with my lift and had to push the stabilizer back a bit. There are a few requirements needed for this kit though. I go over them all in the video. But you need a min of 2" lift. 3" would be better. I'll be going to a 4" lift soon, then it should all have plenty of room.
I have a 2.5 lift but actually I gained about 3.25. I want use their OEM stabilizer location bracket but a little concerned about clearance since they are massively 2 inches thick. I had the Synergy sector shaft brace installed about 2 months ago, honestly I did not notice any improvements my steering is still the same (sloppy as hell). Not sure if you know this, but you can actually adjust the tightness of the steering by tighten the screw on top of the steering box. I’ve tried but i couldn’t get that sucker to move at all, either that’s as tight as it gets or the factory applied a shit load of red locktite. Give it a shot if you haven’t, a lot of folks I know said this has fixed their sloppy steering. I guess I’ll just have to deal with mine

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2.5 lift but actually I gained about 3.25. I want use their OEM stabilizer location bracket but a little concerned about clearance since they are massively 2 inches thick. I had the Synergy sector shaft brace installed about 2 months ago, honestly I did not notice any improvements my steering is still the same (sloppy as hell). Not sure if you know this, but you can actually adjust the tightness of the steering by tighten the screw on top of the steering box. I’ve tried but i couldn’t get that sucker to move at all, either that’s as tight as it gets or the factory applied a shit load of red locktite. Give it a shot if you haven’t, a lot of folks I know said this has fixed their sloppy steering. I guess I’ll just have to deal with mine
Yeah I saw a video on that. That is what I'll be doing after the sector shaft brace. I'll let you know how it turns out.

chiggerdude

First Name
Brian Head
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR and a 2010 JK - 2010 JK Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I’m running the dynatrac 2” with TF 3/4” load puck. I also have the synergy track bar brace and sector shaft. I’m getting a little bit of tracking and memory steer after the synergy install. I just ordered the RPM steering setup. I’ll post back in a few days after install.
but honestly just using the synergy track bar bracket helped a lot with my steering float. I may just leave the aluminum shaft brace off.

Cl2775

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep JLUR, 2015 Jk
I’m running the dynatrac 2” with TF 3/4” load puck. I also have the synergy track bar brace and sector shaft. I’m getting a little bit of tracking and memory steer after the synergy install. I just ordered the RPM steering setup. I’ll post back in a few days after install.
but honestly just using the synergy track bar bracket helped a lot with my steering float. I may just leave the aluminum shaft brace off.
Yeah I took my shaft brace off a week later after install, the brass inside the brace rotated and I couldn’t grease it. Synergy told me to press it out and red locktite that bitch so it wouldn’t move again. What a joke! Poor quality and design. Please keep me posted on your RPM setup, are you gonna use a tie rod clamp or the stock mounting location bracket for your stabilizer?

chiggerdude

First Name
Brian Head
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR and a 2010 JK - 2010 JK Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I took my shaft brace off a week later after install, the brass inside the brace rotated and I couldn’t grease it. Synergy told me to press it out and red locktite that bitch so it wouldn’t move again. What a joke! Poor quality and design. Please keep me posted on your RPM setup, are you gonna use a tie rod clamp or the stock mounting location bracket for your stabilizer?
I’m using the clamp RPM has available. I think it is $90.
i locited my bronze race and it hasn’t spun since. I’m 50/50 on keeping it or not. It feels like I need more caster now after install. . I’m going to turn my lower arms out 2 more turns and go from there. Also if I do keep it - I’ll probably just remove it and pack grease it at
Every oil change
Sponsored