Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

hey all,
this is an open invitation. im going to head up to Rowher on Sunday morning with Zeebo. his cousin will be joining and bringing his drone for some cool pics and videos.

we are meeting at the Dennys parking lot at the Roxford st offramp off of the 14 freeway at 8:30am.

Dennys
12861 Encinitas Ave, Sylmar, CA 91342

its supposed to rain tomorrow. not sure how much and how that will affect Rowher. if it rains like crazy, the park will likely be closed and be muddy. if the rain is not too bad tomorrow (saturday), we plan to head up anyway and see how it is.

we've done this trail quite a few times and it is definitely great for beginners. we had a bone stock Sahara on street tires go flying past us on one hill lol. we ran into a guy with a Subie station wagon last time at the top lol. we'll break for lunch and then may head home after. of course people can always stay longer and roam this massive park.

if you're interested in going with us post up and feel free to send me a pm with your cell, ill reply with mine.

anyone and everyone is invited. there's plenty of room. :jk: be sure to bring lunch and a folding chair!

Steve
Sponsored

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

Bummer. This is pretty close, but made plans for Sunday already. I'd love to join next time. Have fun and be safe, guys!

OP
OP
Pig-Pen

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Rowher is so close for me im always down to go. its like 30 minute drive for me. soooo much easier than big bear area lol. till i move. im headed out in that direction in a couple months. gotta escape from LA lol.

its so nice to head up to Rowher in the late morning, play for a couple hours, and still be home in time to do other stuff i need to do. when i go to trails out past the 15, i have to leave at dawn and get home in time for dinner. that's a whole day affair lol. havent been out there in way too long. cant wait till we get a group going to go out there. :jk:

Keith C

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
High School Athletic Director/ Track Timer
I think I will have to pass on this Sunday with all the rain here today and more expected. It is a 90 minute drive from Riverside to get there but I would love to explore the area sometime soon. I just need to convince my wife to get up early enough!

We have some momentum with people trying to get runs posted on here so hopefully that will continue and we can have a great resource to find trail buddies and planned rides!

OP
OP
Pig-Pen

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

we are going to postpone Rowher till next weekend. hopefully it will stop raining by then. supposed to rain a few days this week. my wife is in SCV right now and said its pouring. so even if its open tomorrow, it will likely be too muddy.

we dont usually go that early. hopefully we can make it a 10am run next weekend. i know what its like to get up super early to drive for 1.5 hours to get to a jeep outing lol. usually when i go to day trips out there off the 15 like cleghorn.

Sponsored

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
Darn, this would have been a good time. Sunday is just too short notice. If y’all hit this trail up again in the near future, I’m in.

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
Darn, this would have been a good time. Sunday is just too short notice. If y’all hit this trail up again in the near future, I’m in.
I think we are going to aim for next saturday. Rain cancelled the trip for tomorrow.

Does that work for you?\

Also since there won't be any football games going on that day we can meet up around 11 which might work out better for people.

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
I think we are going to aim for next saturday. Rain cancelled the trip for tomorrow.

Does that work for you?\

Also since there won't be any football games going on that day we can meet up around 11 which might work out better for people.
Sounds good, I’m in. What kinda comms are y’all using? GMRS ok?

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds good, I’m in. What kinda comms are y’all using? GMRS ok?
i think Steve (jluin818) has something. I dont have anything but maybe i should get something. Usually its just me and him doing a quick trip.

Keith C

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
That might work out great for me. Supposed to be a lot of rain this week though. Hopefully it is not a giant mud hole by next week. I will tentatively put this on the calendar for next weekend, especially with no football games.

I use GMRS

Sponsored

Keith C

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
I don't know if you can change the title to maybe put next weekend's date on there. I am not sure of how this forum works with editing.
Hopefully we can get a good group to meet up there.

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it would be cool to have a group. My cousin is going to tag along with me and being his drone. I usually just record my trip with my dash cam and it is pretty good quality from my pov

OP
OP
Pig-Pen

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

we're going to keep an eye on the weather this week. supposed to rain for like 4 days straight. if that's the case, probably going to be a mud pit up there. if so, we'll then push to the following weekend.

and im open for saturday or sunday. we only chose sunday/today, because zeebo had to work yesterday. his job at jiffy lube isnt very flexible lol

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

Rowher is so close for me im always down to go. its like 30 minute drive for me. soooo much easier than big bear area lol. till i move. im headed out in that direction in a couple months. gotta escape from LA lol.
Excellent decision.

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

Yeah it would be cool to have a group. My cousin is going to tag along with me and being his drone. I usually just record my trip with my dash cam and it is pretty good quality from my pov
Just please don't create any Facebook groups. Many of us simply don't have a FB account. Let's stick to this site, if possible.
Sponsored