Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
About a 50/50 chance I can swing tomorrow. are you meeting at 10: 30 at the staging area by the " rock garden" or the Bouquet Canyon side?
Meeting by staging area by the rock garden. bouquet canyon, the steep part in the beginning is closed due to fire according to this post.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bandana

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Another Fire today west of Rowher off of Bouquet Canyon Road. This one is being referred to as the Sierra Fire. Bouquet Canyon Road is closed right now, wouldn't be surprised if Rowher OHV is affected through the weekend

Sierra Fire.JPG

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
Another Fire today west of Rowher off of Bouquet Canyon Road. This one is being referred to as the Sierra Fire. Bouquet Canyon Road is closed right now, wouldn't be surprised if Rowher OHV is affected through the weekend

Sierra Fire.JPG
Yeah we got to the other side yesterday around 4 as they were fighting the fire. They had to reroute us the long way to get out of there. @entropy and I had a decent time. Lots of stuff burned and affected by the fire on the back side.

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Do you know if it reached as far west as Quarry Road? I can't seem to find a map online of the burn area.

Sponsored

Russ Chung

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2005 TJ
Do you know if it reached as far west as Quarry Road? I can't seem to find a map online of the burn area.
Here’s a link to a map of the Sierra fire:
https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/8164/
As of yesterday, the map shows the burn area extended to the junction of Quarry Rd and Bouquet Canyon but was held to the south side of the canyon.

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Here’s a link to a map of the Sierra fire:
https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/8164/
As of yesterday, the map shows the burn area extended to the junction of Quarry Rd and Bouquet Canyon but was held to the south side of the canyon.
Thanks! I was thinking of heading out to Del Sur tomorrow morning. Looks like that area wasn't affected.

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if there are more closures up at rowher? or if most of it is still open except the backside?

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I was there with @entropy when another fire had broken out like 2 weeks ago. Some friends wanted to go offroading for their first time and just go on a quick trail so I wanted to take them to rowher.

Sponsored

gd3mats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2o21 willys sport unlimited
Jeep Wrangler JL Rowher/Bouquet Canyon Fire onxmaps.com-DelSurRidge

I went with a coworker on Monday to do Del Sur Ridge, to get his new tacoma all dirty and see what it CAN'T do. (haha) A few fun off-shoots with a little flex testing and some short steep inclines. All in all, a quick 8-9 mile thru and thru. This trail is pretty empty for the most part, only seen a handful of people in jeeps and dirt bikes. Thankfully, no sxs tearing it up.

While airing up on Bouquet Canyon, we were talking with a maintenance worker fixing a motorcycle trail. He informed us that the steep section of Rowher off Bouquet is closed, and will be for a while. He did say the majority of Rowher is still open(as of Mon) and as well as all of Sierra Pelona.

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Rowher/Bouquet Canyon Fire onxmaps.com-DelSurRidge

I went with a coworker on Monday to do Del Sur Ridge, to get his new tacoma all dirty and see what it CAN'T do. (haha) A few fun off-shoots with a little flex testing and some short steep inclines. All in all, a quick 8-9 mile thru and thru. This trail is pretty empty for the most part, only seen a handful of people in jeeps and dirt bikes. Thankfully, no sxs tearing it up.

While airing up on Bouquet Canyon, we were talking with a maintenance worker fixing a motorcycle trail. He informed us that the steep section of Rowher off Bouquet is closed, and will be for a while. He did say the majority of Rowher is still open(as of Mon) and as well as all of Sierra Pelona.
Nice, great info to have. Yeah that strep drop off and section in the back is affected by the fire and you can see it was hit pretty hard when you are actually there. It will definitely be a while before that area opens up again. Still a nice little trail to go through.

NewbieJon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I ran Rowher trail twice on July 4th weekend, with different family members.
Only a short stretch of Rowher is closed as of July 4th, which includes the Gatekeeper and the steep section on the Bouquet Canyon side. Just as indicated by the map posted just before my post.
This section has a bypass on Forest road 6N08, which crosses Rowher trail, and comes out on Bouquet Canyon about 1/2 mile northeast of the Bouquet entrance for Rowher.
I cannot find any further update indicating if or when the closed section will be re-opened.
The rest of the Rowher trail is open, as are the other trails in the Rowher OHV Park, as near as I could see.

OP
OP
Bandana

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
So apparently the asshat that started the Bouquet Fire made an Instagram reel about it. My friend sent me screen shots but didn’t get the user name. Looks like they were trying to descend in an old 4Runner with bald tires. 4Runner flipped from brake failure and caught fire

C6427918-6FC6-45BB-9816-FDE73D88F839.png

080397A3-8F2E-49CB-A46A-18A37E27F119.jpeg

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
who would have thought you need more than 1 tire with at least 50% tread
Sponsored