Rough Ride after 2" BDS Lift

hedbeb

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
Looking for some thoughts here: I just bought a 2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara and had a 2" BDS suspension lift installed along with 35 inch Hercules tires (load rating D), I love the look but I feel like the ride is rougher than I expected. I feel every little crack in the road and it seems to be a pretty rough bounce on any less than perfect roads. I've lowered the air pressure in the tires down to 30 lbs but very little difference. Any thoughts on the BDS suspension or anyone else with this experience or recommendations.

Jeep2.jpg
Sponsored

freddiegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Looking for some thoughts here: I just bought a 2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara and had a 2" BDS suspension lift installed along with 35 inch Hercules tires, I love the look but I feel like the ride is rougher than I expected. I feel every little crack in the road and it seems to be a pretty rough bounce on any less than perfect roads. I've lowered the air pressure in the tires down to 30 lbs but very little difference. Any thoughts on the BDS suspension or anyone else with this experience or recommendations.

Jeep2.jpg
Link to what kit was installed? Trying to see what that kit includes.

freddiegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Looking for some thoughts here: I just bought a 2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara and had a 2" BDS suspension lift installed along with 35 inch Hercules tires, I love the look but I feel like the ride is rougher than I expected. I feel every little crack in the road and it seems to be a pretty rough bounce on any less than perfect roads. I've lowered the air pressure in the tires down to 30 lbs but very little difference. Any thoughts on the BDS suspension or anyone else with this experience or recommendations.

Jeep2.jpg
Also what series the tires or do you know what the load id is D,E?

OP
OP

hedbeb

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
Also what series the tires or do you know what the load id is D,E?
Yes they are a D load rating. Hercules Terra Tac TG Max tires LT315/70R/17

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Link to what kit was installed? Trying to see what that kit includes.
2018-2020 Jeep Wrangler JL 4 Door
jk_1435H-01.jpg

2" Suspension Lift Kit

Click image to open larger overlay image.

jk_1435H-01.jpg
Jeep-JL-B2-35-01.jpg
jk_1435H-04.jpg
Jeep-JL-B2-35-02.jpg
Jeep-JL-B2-35-03.jpg

BDS Suspension Lift Kit Warranty
logo-no-fine-print-sm.png

All BDS Suspension lift kits come with the security of knowing you purchased the finest lift kit in the aftermarket suspension industry. We back our commitment to engineering reliable, quality 4x4 off-road Jeep and truck suspension products with our unique "No BS Hardcore Lifetime Warranty".

If you are the original purchaser of any BDS lift kit and it breaks, we will give you a new part. Period.

ATTN STATE OF CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS:
Proposition 65 WARNING!
prop-65-warning_small.jpg

STEP 1: Choose lift height

2018-2020 Jeep Wrangler JL

The 2" JL lift systems are designed for improved on-road ride quality and offroad capability with clearance for 35" tires. Designed to not only lift, but enhance the new Wrangler JL's all around performance, the 2" systems come complete and ready to perform right out of the box. At each corner replacement JL-specific ProRide coil springs are supplied to mimic the factory ride and spring rate. These springs provide additional ride height, along with allowing for increased suspension travel over coil spacer kits on the market. They are paired with specially tuned NX2-gas shocks to offer a smooth ride and split second response to changes in the terrain with 10-stage velocity sensitive valving. These high pressure nitrogen gas charged shocks offer a huge improvement over the factory shocks and kits with shock extension brackets. Along with the new coil springs and gas shocks, these 2" kits include front and rear bump stop extensions to properly limit suspension up travel. Up front the front axle is repositioned forward to correct caster using a set of lower control arm cam locks. JKS quicker disconnects are supplied with the kit to unlock the front suspension's potential to flex while maintaining quiet on road operation with a heavy duty adjustable design and spherical bushings. Along with the sway bar disconnects bolt-on mounting posts are supplied for each side to easily store the sway bar up out of the way when hitting the trail. In the rear extended length sway bar links are supplied to keep the sway bar at the optimal operating angle and allow more droop travel when paired with the rear NX2 shocks. Finishing out the rear of this kit is a 2-piece rear track bar bracket to recenter the rear axle under your new Wrangler JL while improving the operating angle for improved roll center geometry.

• Tire & Wheel Combinations
  • 35" x 12.50" w/17 x 9 and 4.5 back spacing
    *Trimming may be required*
  • Est. Installation: 4-5 hours
  • Difficulty Level (easy 1 - 5 complicated): 3
  • View complete Vehicle Fitment Information here

freddiegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Yes they are a D load rating. Hercules Terra Tac TG Max tires LT315/70R/17[/QUOTE
If you have the stock wheels/tires id put those on it and see if that makes a difference. You should be able to point the finger one way or the other after that.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Being linear springs I would think they would ride well. Zone and BDS are the same company. Zone also uses linear springs and they are very cushy.

Remember, lift kits will always ride stiffer than stock (ranges from slightly to greatly) unless you go with a spacer kit.

Last edited:

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
The suspension may take a few miles to break in but the Land range D has a thicker sidewall so less flex and stiffer ride.

Sponsored

Gallagher

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited JL
I'm running a BDS 1435H with 35-12.5-17 BFG KO2's and I love it! I didn't really notice a difference in the ride harshness at all, but I put the lift on a Rubicon which may have been stiffer sprung to start....not sure.