Rough Idle

snelldogg

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC Sahara ETA 2/3
I have a 2018 6MT Sahara with approx 6k miles on it. Since day one i have felt like its idled rough. Doesn't sputter or spike just a constant heavy vibration. So much so that you can physically see the plastic windows of the soft top moving. On routine maintenance i have mentioned this, i am told no misfire..."they are all like this". I say it's BS.

Any thoughts or folks experiencing the same?

TIA
Sponsored

Kevman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara Granite Crystal, Audi A5
I have the same thing. Figured there wasn't much I could do about it though. Maybe bad engine mounts?

Badger98

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Firecracker Red JLUR
I have this also with my Rubicon. I have had it for a month with less than 1,000 miles on it. I was hoping it was just going to get better. I am thinking about taking it in. Have you tried doing anything to fix the issue yet?

OP
OP
snelldogg

snelldogg

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC Sahara ETA 2/3
I have this also with my Rubicon. I have had it for a month with less than 1,000 miles on it. I was hoping it was just going to get better. I am thinking about taking it in. Have you tried doing anything to fix the issue yet?
Dealership didn't help. Learning to live with it. Have 6k miles now.

Seanmh72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I agree with this as well. Unfortunately, the dealers are going to say that there "are no codes" so there won't be anything for them to fix.

This isn't the olden days that you could manually adjust things. CPU does it all now.

Sponsored

Reaperdodad

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
I also have a Sahara 6MT with the exact same issue. I thought at first maybe it was just breaking in but at nearly a thousands miles it's the same. Really irritating as we can feel the vibrations in the seat and imo should be smooth. Wonder if its software related

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I have it as well. My two previous JKs with the 3.6 did not do this. I contribute either to motor mounts or a low idle that could be corrected in the tune to be turned up 50-100rpms.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Thank you so much for the info! You rock brother
Let us all know if that fixes it. It is good to have double, triple, etc. confirmation on a fix. :)

Sponsored

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
18 jlur I can see the fender shakes. I know the 3.6 it’s not know for smooth, but mine is shakier than my friend’s jk and also my old JK. I don’t even bother to go to dealer, they will say no codes no worries.

Last edited:

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
18 jlur I can see the fender shakes. I know the 3.6 it’s not know for smooth, but mine is shakier than my friend’s jk and also my old JK. I don’t even bother to go to dealer, they will say no codes no worries.
Make an appointment for the loud fan fix TSB ( TSB 18-041-18 Rev B — Flash: Powertrain and System Improvements - PCM Reprogram.) It also fixes rough idling per the items listed in the TSB. If they refuse, either call another dealership or send a private message to @JeepCares and ask them to assist. They will contact the dealership for the appointment.

OP
OP
snelldogg

snelldogg

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC Sahara ETA 2/3
Same for me. Its in again and they say its perfect....annoying!
Sponsored