Sponsored

Rough idle a start up all of a sudden..

USMCBK1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Today is the second time I heard a rough idle, usually it idles high for a minute then levels off pretty smooth, but now it’s louder and it takes about 2 minutes to level off?? Any ideas? Only have 16000 miles and it’s a 2018 JLUR
Sponsored

Metalgator

First Name
Burch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU 2015 Sahara JK
I have a new 2020 Sahara 2.0 with only 400 miles on it. Mine does the same thing. It's not bad, but the idle is a bit rough until I put it in drive and start driving. After that, it's nice and smooth. It idles about 1500 rpm or so when I first start it after it's been sitting over night.

OP
OP
USMCBK1

USMCBK1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
My jeep is very inconsistent, sometimes I get the normal high idle for a minute and it levels off, and I get the turbo needs to warm up, but sometimes it’s sounds rough and idles high and rough for well over 2 minutes, but once I drive all sounds ok, I can’t figure it out, is it the bad winter gas that’s still in circulation because of all the craziness going on? Or is it a computer glitch???

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
mine does the same 700 miles on it. very inconsistent.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Today is the second time I heard a rough idle, usually it idles high for a minute then levels off pretty smooth, but now it’s louder and it takes about 2 minutes to level off?? Any ideas? Only have 16000 miles and it’s a 2018 JLUR
I have a new 2020 Sahara 2.0 with only 400 miles on it. Mine does the same thing. It's not bad, but the idle is a bit rough until I put it in drive and start driving. After that, it's nice and smooth. It idles about 1500 rpm or so when I first start it after it's been sitting over night.
mine does the same 700 miles on it. very inconsistent.
Hi everyone,
Should you decide to have your dealers take a look, please feel free to loop us in via private message as well. We would be happy to offer additional support.
Alex
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

mrjking2000

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 Hurricane
on a cold start i have a bit of a stutter that sounds weird through the air intake and exhaust. CAI really lets you hear it popping and stuttering. through the stock airbox it's not too bad. I think it's a characteristic of the direct injection turbo engine setup after it sits for a while. mine often sits for a week at a time since I daily my work truck.

ebelp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (bright white)
Vehicle Showcase
My 2.0 just started having this same issue. The popping noises it makes for about 30 seconds are something I’ve never heard before, and they’re loud. I’ll keep checking in on this thread to see if anyone has any fixes.
Sponsored