Sponsored

Rough draft: Cost analysis of Diesel Wrangler

Almost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
I don't give a crap about cost annalist. The real reason why I ordered a diesel is because, I want one.
I find it so weird everyone wants to rationalize the cost, but they don't have any issues with people dropping $15-20K on Hemi swaps. But god forbid someone buy a diesel because they want one.
Sponsored

JeepAdmin

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Sahara
Using the spreadsheet, I make out well. I drive almost 25K miles a year with 75% on the highway. I will also add larger tires and aftermarket equipment making these margins even more narrow as the diesel has much better numbers under heavier weights than the gas units do. You can factor in additional maintenance, but I've read several horror stories about the 3.6 as well needing constant attention. We should also factor in resale. Diesels command a higher value, especially over 100K miles. And all that torque is worth something too....

(prices on spreadsheet are my local prices taken today from popular gas site.)

Screenshot 2021-03-31 102231.jpg

WVrubicon

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Using the spreadsheet, I make out well. I drive almost 25K miles a year with 75% on the highway. I will also add larger tires and aftermarket equipment making these margins even more narrow as the diesel has much better numbers under heavier weights than the gas units do. You can factor in additional maintenance, but I've read several horror stories about the 3.6 as well needing constant attention. We should also factor in resale. Diesels command a higher value, especially over 100K miles. And all that torque is worth something too....

(prices on spreadsheet are my local prices taken today from popular gas site.)

Jeep Wrangler JL Rough draft: Cost analysis of Diesel Wrangler Screenshot 2021-03-31 102231
This is great, but if I can add a comment... You forgot the column for the overall awesome factor of driving a diesel jeep :)

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

This is great, but if I can add a comment... You forgot the column for the overall awesome factor of driving a diesel jeep :)
Awesome
Concur 100% how can you put a price on "wow" unlike any Wrangler I've ever driven. Where my immediate thoughts and every Wrangler gasoline owner the test drives my diesel says the same
Sponsored