Rough Country with DRL / JL Aux Switches

Beller99

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Has anyone wired a Rough Country Light Bar with DRL to the factory Aux Switches? I'm trying to figure out how I would wire it but am having a hard time. Obviously the DRL function and the LED Bar have to be on two separate switches but i don't know what wires to connect to with factory leads. The harness from the light bar has a heavy Red wire, a heavy Black wire and a thinner Blue.

I would assume this is all I would need as the factory switches are already on a relay and power correct?
Sponsored

aphillips76

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 Door
Build Thread
Link
I did. I don’t have the colors handy but I just chopped off the switch and grounded the ground, one wire to one aux Wire and the last wire to the other aux wire...

OP
OP
Beller99

Beller99

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab
I did. I don’t have the colors handy but I just chopped off the switch and grounded the ground, one wire to one aux Wire and the last wire to the other aux wire...
Thanks aphillips. So if if reading it right, you're running wiring straight from the light, no relays, etc, and one wire to each of two switches and one wire to ground?

I'd be willing to bet that red is the main LED, black is ground and blue is the DRLs. Any way you can confirm that?

aphillips76

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 Door
Build Thread
Link
Yes to all. I know it was obvious by looking at the switch. I can check in a little while after I get through my morning meetings...

Sponsored

shahiniJL

First Name
ALi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep sahara JLU
Silly question for you guys. Bc I’m trying to figure out how to connect the multi function switch to aux switches. I understand it would to cut out the switch that comes with the lights and then have two switches(switch 3 spot) (switch 4 DRL). But now do you connect the power also to one of the aux. please simply this for me. I want to get 4 pod lights with the DRL feature and I have the jeep switches.

OP
OP
Beller99

Beller99

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Silly question for you guys. Bc I’m trying to figure out how to connect the multi function switch to aux switches. I understand it would to cut out the switch that comes with the lights and then have two switches(switch 3 spot) (switch 4 DRL). But now do you connect the power also to one of the aux. please simply this for me. I want to get 4 pod lights with the DRL feature and I have the jeep switches.
The AUX wires are the power wires.

shahiniJL

First Name
ALi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep sahara JLU
The AUX wires are the power wires.
That I understand. But the lights come with a red and black wire (power and ground) and then the switch wires when you take it apart there’s 3 I think for the DRL and power lights and another ground.

OP
OP
Beller99

Beller99

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab
That I understand. But the lights come with a red and black wire (power and ground) and then the switch wires when you take it apart there’s 3 I think for the DRL and power lights and another ground.
SO what yuou're going to do is cut the switch off completely. That will leave you with a black, red and blue wire within the loom.

The black wire is your ground. Ground that to a point inside the engine bay.
The blue wire is your DRL. That will attach to one of your factory AUX wires. I'm attached to AUX 4 (red and blue)
The red wire is your spot. That will attached to one of your factory AUX wires. I'm attached to AUX 2 (pink and green).

I just used butt connectors with heat shrink to attach my RC wires to the aux wires.

shahiniJL

First Name
ALi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep sahara JLU
SO what yuou're going to do is cut the switch off completely. That will leave you with a black, red and blue wire within the loom.

The black wire is your ground. Ground that to a point inside the engine bay.
The blue wire is your DRL. That will attach to one of your factory AUX wires. I'm attached to AUX 4 (red and blue)
The red wire is your spot. That will attached to one of your factory AUX wires. I'm attached to AUX 2 (pink and green).

I just used butt connectors with heat shrink to attach my RC wires to the aux wires.
Leaves me with 2 red 2 grounds and blue. One red goes to aux 2 wire and the other red goes to aux 4 connected with the blue. Same spot. Then ground both the blacks. Correct. Thanks for your help man.
Sponsored