Sponsored

Rough Country Stubb Winch Bumper

xpsruler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
I can answer my own question I purchased the bumper and nope not enough room for a base plate. But I called and confirmed with adapters I can tow from the d link mounts so that will be the way I go.

I really like the bumper and LED hoop is great.

A little criticism though Rough Country markets the JK version and a JL version when in fact the box that came states JK I called confirmed it is the same. But it includes a lot of fine adapters for hooking up the fog lights for a JK but you could have a JL version with a harness to adapt to the connector at the body. After I removed my factory bumper I had to totally dismantle it to remove the harness from it to use it with the new fog lights.

Also a note the LED light bar had another copy of instructions for installing the bumper but not the LED light or bar. What was apparent their was extra hardware and screws to mount the LED light in different applications. I figured it out but their is a video on you tube someone installing it on a JK and he didn't get instructions either and he used longer Allen bolts with a spacer well I used shorter ones his he could not fit the Allen wrench on it (too long) that was a clue he had it wrong but he made it work with pliers. I think I got it right. But just to state the proper instructions should be included to save others frustration.

It is well built bumper I really like it. LED fog and bar lights are very bright. I think it looks great!

By the way twice I called once to confirm towing and the other to confirm I got the right bumper and the support was good someone picked up right away and both were very courteous.

20180322_173846.jpg
Im voconsid
I can answer my own question I purchased the bumper and nope not enough room for a base plate. But I called and confirmed with adapters I can tow from the d link mounts so that will be the way I go.

A little criticism though Rough Country markets the JK version and a JL version when in fact the box that came states JK I called confirmed it is the same. But it includes a lot of fine adapters for hooking up the fog lights for a JK but you could have a JL version with a harness to adapt to the connector at the body. After I removed my factory bumper I had to totally dismantle it to remove the harness from it to use it with the new fog lights.

Also a note the LED light bar had another copy of instructions for installing the bumper but not the LED light or bar. What was apparent their was extra hardware and screws to mount the LED light in different applications. I figured it out but their is a video on you tube someone installing it on a JK and he didn't get instructions either and he used longer Allen bolts with a spacer well I used shorter ones his he could not fit the Allen wrench on it (too long) that was a clue he had it wrong but he made it work with pliers. I think I got it right. But just to state the proper instructions should be included to save others frustration.

It is well built bumper I really like it. LED fog and bar lights are very bright. I think it looks great!

By the way twice I called once to confirm towing and the other to confirm I got the right bumper and the support was good someone picked up right away and both were very courteous.

20180322_173846.jpg
Looks great! How has it held up so far and what is the weight?
Sponsored

Tom k

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cj5, Jeep Jl Rubicon
Attention aftermarket bumper builders: I wish there more choices for steel bumpers that have good license plate mounting options. In WI we need to have a front plate, and the rear plate needs to be lit. It's a new JL, I don't want it to look like an afterthought.so not real excited to mount under the taillight like a jk or stick it to the spare. I thought there would be plenty of aftermarket choices so I didn't order the factory steel ones.

The Z

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab, 2013 Toyota Sienna, 2003 4 Winds 5000 Motorhome
It has held up fine. It weighs around 60 lbs I think without the winch. Double or so with it.

The Z

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab, 2013 Toyota Sienna, 2003 4 Winds 5000 Motorhome
Attention aftermarket bumper builders: I wish there more choices for steel bumpers that have good license plate mounting options. In WI we need to have a front plate, and the rear plate needs to be lit. It's a new JL, I don't want it to look like an afterthought.so not real excited to mount under the taillight like a jk or stick it to the spare. I thought there would be plenty of aftermarket choices so I didn't order the factory steel ones.
I should post a pic with my plate. I used flip down bracket that attaches behind the fairlead then swings over it. I love it.

Mikeb16

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

20180322_173846.jpg
What brand winch you have on your rough country bumper?
Thinking im going to go with a Warn

Sponsored

Mikeb16

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
We have extended our fitment for the JEEP FRONT STUBBY LED WINCH BUMPER to the JL!

Upgrade your Jeep’s front bumper with the sleek, modern design of Rough Country’s Stealth Stubby LED Bumper. This uniquely designed bumper features a futuristic look that provides unbeatable front-end protection while the stubby design offers plenty of clearance for better approach angles.

This bumper features a set of integrated Rough Country 2” Flush-Mount LED Pods for powerful off-road lighting any time you need it. Add even more lighting with our optional LED Light Bar Hoop featuring a 20” Single-Row Rough Country LED. Choose Black Series or Chrome Series LEDs to match the look of your build.

This solid-steel bumper also features a handy winch plate to run any standard sized winch and includes a set of D-rings for easy recovery. The lower portion of the bumper features a laser-cut “RC” logo and mesh plates for head-turning good looks.

Features
  • Stubby design offers plenty of clearance for better approach angles
  • Includes (2) 2-inch Flush Mount LED Cubes - 2880 Lumens | 36 watts
  • LED Cubes feature a black panel design
  • LED Cubes are IP67 Waterproof rated
  • Built-in winch plate
  • Includes D-ring set - 4.75 ton capacity
  • Laser-cut "RC" logo
  • Satin Black finish

JL bumper.jpg
Would a Warn winch work with the Jeep JL stubby bumper by rough country?

OP
OP
Rough Country Suspensions

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roughcountry.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 1998 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Sales Supervisor
Would a Warn winch work with the Jeep JL stubby bumper by rough country?
All the VR, Zeon and XP winches fit without any issues

The Z

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What brand winch you have on your rough country bumper?
Thinking im going to go with a Warn
Its just a cheapy called Wild boar rated 13,000 lbs only 350 bucks. I put lexyl clear caulk on the box where water might get in and I sprayed the winch body with Rustoleom clear coat to prevent rust. I doubt I will ever use for anything other then moving a log or two.

blklizard1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
We have extended our fitment for the JEEP FRONT STUBBY LED WINCH BUMPER to the JL!

Upgrade your Jeep’s front bumper with the sleek, modern design of Rough Country’s Stealth Stubby LED Bumper. This uniquely designed bumper features a futuristic look that provides unbeatable front-end protection while the stubby design offers plenty of clearance for better approach angles.

This bumper features a set of integrated Rough Country 2” Flush-Mount LED Pods for powerful off-road lighting any time you need it. Add even more lighting with our optional LED Light Bar Hoop featuring a 20” Single-Row Rough Country LED. Choose Black Series or Chrome Series LEDs to match the look of your build.

This solid-steel bumper also features a handy winch plate to run any standard sized winch and includes a set of D-rings for easy recovery. The lower portion of the bumper features a laser-cut “RC” logo and mesh plates for head-turning good looks.

Features
  • Stubby design offers plenty of clearance for better approach angles
  • Includes (2) 2-inch Flush Mount LED Cubes - 2880 Lumens | 36 watts
  • LED Cubes feature a black panel design
  • LED Cubes are IP67 Waterproof rated
  • Built-in winch plate
  • Includes D-ring set - 4.75 ton capacity
  • Laser-cut "RC" logo
  • Satin Black finish

JL bumper.jpg
Do the LED lights require splicing, or do they use the factory harnesses?

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roughcountry.com
Vehicle(s)