First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
is anyone using this set up. rough country light switch. any feedback would be great.

i see how its installed. what i would like to know is how the led light is installed to the box itself.

Jeep Wrangler JL rough country MLC-6 Multiple Light Controller 1608934184080
Jeep Wrangler JL rough country MLC-6 Multiple Light Controller 1608934214005
Sponsored

Bluebeast

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
If I get what you're asking, you just run your wires the the fuse box and put some terminal ends on them and attach to the # switch you want to operate the particular accessory.
Jeep Wrangler JL rough country MLC-6 Multiple Light Controller 20201225_141631

OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
@Bluebeast thats what i wanted to know and figured thats how it works. thanks for the pics.

so you have this set up. what i gathered that its pretty easy and straight forward install. do you have the switch panel mounted in the lower cubby hole or in top of dash. was there any issues when you installed yours. can you run any brand aux lights or only rough country lights. i'm thinking of getting this setup to keep everything clean and simple when its time to install a couple of aux lights.

Bluebeast

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
Any brand seems to work fine. I have some harbor freight ones hooked up, I went cheap since I don't really use them much. They do however power my e-lockers. The only problem I've ever had was my aux battery was dying and the low voltage protection wouldn't let it turn anything on! Dealer replaced the battery and I switched the termnal that leads were hooked up on and haven't had any issues since. Instalation was easy if you have a couple plastic trim tools. I have the lower cubby mounted switches. I wanted them out of sight.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
$200? I'm in the wrong business, I should have manufactured niche jeep parts!

I'd recommend andiy approach. It will be cheaper and you'll learn a lot more. A relay box, relays, 6 ft cat 5, and some switches and you can replicate this. Should be under $50.

Sponsored

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
$200? I'm in the wrong business, I should have manufactured niche jeep parts!

I'd recommend andiy approach. It will be cheaper and you'll learn a lot more. A relay box, relays, 6 ft cat 5, and some switches and you can replicate this. Should be under $50.
I have doubts you could do this for $50 for a 6 switch panel and relay box alone + wiring. Probably closer to $75 and then you have to find spot to mount the switch box. I can see why someone would want to go with packaged solution with specific fitment to the cubby hole.

OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal