Sponsored

Rough Country JL Spare tire relocation

marcdm

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara... preceded by 2012 JKU Sahara, Multiple CJ's, TJ's even XJ, WJ & WK2... yup, Always loved my jeeps :)
I would hope so. So far, its been crickets to an email I sent them about this.

I would assume it just slipped through the cracks, but it is a bit of a bummer as I had wanted to install this weekend and had hoped @Rough Country Suspensions might respond and figure a path to swap out.

Rough Country will make it right for you. That is not how mine looks.
Sponsored

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
I would hope so. So far, its been crickets to an email I sent them about this.

I would assume it just slipped through the cracks, but it is a bit of a bummer as I had wanted to install this weekend and had hoped @Rough Country Suspensions might respond and figure a path to swap out.
did you PM them last year they responded pretty Quick and helped me get a different version. Good luck

marcdm

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara... preceded by 2012 JKU Sahara, Multiple CJ's, TJ's even XJ, WJ & WK2... yup, Always loved my jeeps :)
I made a phone call and was connected to Gaston G. at @Rough Country Suspensions - He was surprised that this unit somehow slipped past QC and shouldn't have the ridges in the finish and took great care to insure a new unit to get sent out ASAP

The more I think about it, I suspect with so many folks effected by the COVID shutdown, my best bet was to try to reach out by phone vs email / forum. Thanks Gaston... really appreciate the help. I knew with so many of these shipped, the condition of the one that got to me had to be a unique one that slipped through.

Things at times don't go as expected - but the way folks handle it says way more about them and the company than to expect stuff never going sideways~

did you PM them last year they responded pretty Quick and helped me get a different version. Good luck

BroncoWranglerski

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Rough Country JL Spare tire relocation D18AFB20-9EE1-4A9C-8F54-4E05EC0F6123
Just got mine and installed it. A highly recommended quality piece. Only problem I had was lifting the tire up to it.

boontis

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2.0L
Just had my 35s installed and thought things were going to be easy as I had read I could get away without a relocation bracket with my rim/tire combo. It is kinda true as the spare fits and actually sits nice and snug (but not too tight) to the bumper so takes some pressure of the hinges. BUT what I clearly didn't read was that it was going to make my sensors howl every time I hit reverse :(

Question - why do the sensors have such a wide angle on them? Since we can't change the wide angle, is there a way to adjust them to point slightly downward? (thinking a wedge shaped washer or shim that you could add after pulling the sensor out and reinstalling?) Wouldn't have to be a thick shim - just enough to angle them slightly downward? Am I crazy?

I'd be willing to go with the RC relocation bracket if the 2.25" would calm the sensors down, but it sounds like I'd need the higher one which is just too damn high.
Sponsored