ROUGH COUNTRY ENGINE, TRANSFER CASE AND GAS TANK SKID PLATE SYSTEM

Priherd

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR
Looking to install the Rough Country Skip plate system on my 2020 JLUR. Does anyone here have this system? Any issues, Pros and cons? It's steel, weighs 157 LBS. Cost $799 The Rock Hard Aluminium system cost $1784 and weighs 180lbs, The steel Metalcloak Undercloak system cost $1199 no weight given.
Sponsored

Chubrocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2017 JKU Sport, 2013 F150, 2004 4Runner
Looking to install the Rough Country Skip plate system on my 2020 JLUR. Does anyone here have this system? Any issues, Pros and cons? It's steel, weighs 157 LBS. Cost $799 The Rock Hard Aluminium system cost $1784 and weighs 180lbs, The steel Metalcloak Undercloak system cost $1199 no weight given.
Don't have the RC plates, but I've got the MetalCloak armor system, very nice and well designed. But f&r bumpers are Rock hard and in my opinion they are the best designed bumpers for oem fog light, camera, & license plate mounting. Both companies are very top notch in my mind, designed very well. If I were to do it again I'd stay with steel on armor and rear bumper and go aluminum on the front.

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

SGME9

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2020
I installed the RC engine, transmission and transfer case skid plates today. I didn’t order gas tank plate. The gas tank has plenty of armor on it. It is well built, but pretty heavy.

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Added Rough Country oil pan/transmission + transfer case skid system. Really like how the bolts are recessed and it provides a flat profile for sliding. Wanted extra protection especially considering the 6 speed doesn't come with a front crossmember like the automatics. Lost less than a 1/2" of clearance at the transfer case...not bad at all.
Jeep Wrangler JL ROUGH COUNTRY ENGINE, TRANSFER CASE AND GAS TANK SKID PLATE SYSTEM bqd7ea6-

Jeep Wrangler JL ROUGH COUNTRY ENGINE, TRANSFER CASE AND GAS TANK SKID PLATE SYSTEM k3jbl4y-

Jeep Wrangler JL ROUGH COUNTRY ENGINE, TRANSFER CASE AND GAS TANK SKID PLATE SYSTEM m1rhwxq-

Last edited:

RV Wrench

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Cherokee, 93 Wrangler, 19 Wrangler
I have a 2-door, so options are a tad limited.

I bought the Rock Hard 4x4 belly armor. Totally happy with the level of protection, very unhappy with the fit (and parts mixup complications). For a top dollar setup, it sure didnt fit like top-dollar.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Considering this as an option. Mostly because of price. Not a huge RC fan but this and Evo are the only options I can find for just the engine and coolant lines. Biggest fear is the powder coat holding up and not becoming a rusty mess.

SGME9

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2020
Considering this as an option. Mostly because of price. Not a huge RC fan but this and Evo are the only options I can find for just the engine and coolant lines. Biggest fear is the powder coat holding up and not becoming a rusty mess.
Just wash it and paint it regularly when it get scratched. I do it after every off road trip.

Sponsored

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring

Just move to AZ and your rust problems are over.

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
Just wash it and paint it regularly when it get scratched. I do it after every off road trip.
YOU have too much time on your hands! (grin) Don't you have any golf to play or hobbies to attend to??

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Installed the engine and transfer case skid today. Those brackets at the engine mounts are a pain in the ass. The passenger side bracket sucked the most. Like others, I skipped the gas tank skid as I think that’s already in decent shape. I also measured about a half inch of ground clearance loss. Not bad.
Jeep Wrangler JL ROUGH COUNTRY ENGINE, TRANSFER CASE AND GAS TANK SKID PLATE SYSTEM 7056480B-D90C-4E11-8807-D83CADAD8CBB

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
It takes less than 5 minutes to hose it off and touch it up with black spray paint.. :beer:
Sponsored