Rough Country 2.5in Spacer lift

TJ01

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler JLUR
We picked up our JLUR a week ago and put right over 800 miles on it before I had to do something with the 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers that had been sitting in our garage from another Jeep build. Opted for the 2.5" RC Spacer Lift with their front adjustable track bar and steering stabilizer. The Jeep aligned well and tracks great going down the road. Ride is very similar to stock but you can tell a bit of difference in certain situations due to the much heavier Load E tires on it now. Running around 31psi and will play with values from there. It was later in the evening yesterday when the work was finished and I got a chance to clean it up so I'll get more pictures and measurements in the next day or so. All in all I'm really happy with the clearance and stance running the 35s. Going to 37s are always an option and I was afraid we'd want them immediately but I'm very pleased.

Since its the wife's daily driver and she commutes a decent distance I think the 35s were a solid choice (plus it helped that I already had them).

Karens_JL_Lifted_HDR_Front.jpg
Got a pic from the side? Been really looking hard at this set up.
Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great, my wife got to stretch her legs a bit with the RC kit & 35s this weekend. Most of our local parks are mud, but we be taking a trip in the near future for some rock crawling. I don't see why it would be an issue :like:
DSC_0987.jpg
Looks great! Nice Star Wars reference too! It fits perfect with the color scheme of your Jeep. :)

Jboyce2

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Rough country you did it again another great product. I would like to know can I get the upgraded shocks to eliminate the shock extensions

A6E66FAF-39EE-44BD-85DC-BABCA6C2D937.jpeg

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
How much does gas mileage drop going to this lift with 35" tires vs current 31" stock tires? I have a jlus and want to add the lift, but dont want to compromise ride quality. Do I need to get new shocks and sway bar disconnects to improve off road ability? Currently have stock 31" Dueller AT's.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ATXMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sport S, Red Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
How much does gas mileage drop going to this lift with 35" tires vs current 31" stock tires? I have a jlus and want to add the lift, but dont want to compromise ride quality. Do I need to get new shocks and sway bar disconnects to improve off road ability? Currently have stock 31" Dueller AT's.
Same questions here. What did you end up doing?

Arnusoriano

First Name
Jesus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Scion TC, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL, Horse
I installed this lift like 15K miles ago (i currently have 20K miles) on my Jeep jl sport. Lately i've been hearing weird noises coming from the driver's wheel and today i notice the tires started to rub when doing sharp right/left turns (It definitely didn't use to do that even when i took it offroad months ago) . This didn't use to happen.. Any one with the same experience where the lift would eventually cause this issues after that much milage? Is it possible for this lift to eventually "shrink" or could it be its no good with stock shocks/coils? I live in SoCal and started to be cold in weather, could it also be that (shock wise)?
Anyways im taking it for inspection and if these problems are because of the lift im just gonna got the Mopar 2" lift...

Specs:
Jeep JL 4dr Sport
Rough Country 2.5 lift (stock shocks stock coils)
17in wheels 35" nitto ridge grapplers.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
Yes you can add longer shocks and do away with the shock extenders.

Sponsored

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
Has anyone installed the N3 shocks with this spacer lift? Like/recommend them. Not a bad deal for $100 extra

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone installed the N3 shocks with this spacer lift? Like/recommend them. Not a bad deal for $100 extra[/QUOTE

I have them seem as good as the stock ones and you don't have to use the shock extenders.

p3rs1st

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB Sting Grey
Vehicle Showcase
Great thread for newbies... I'm definitely going to pick up a handful of RC products now. I am interested in this as well if it's worth upgrading to the RC shocks for $100 over my stock MOAB shocks, which I believe are rubicon shocks from what I've read in the MOAB posts

TonyCosta64

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Rubicon
I just installed this over the weekend. Went well other than on the ground and my air compressor wasn’t working. Looks nice! I have 19 2dr rubicon and installed 37s without any issue. Today was first real test for long drive and it pulls a decent amount to the right. Anyone else experience this? I made an appointment for an alignment tomorrow but worried it’s more than what they can adjust. Just curious as to what others experienced “out of the box” after their install

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can get the tow adjusted and the steering wheel straight. To get it to drive better ,maybe adjustable LCA and track bar.
Sponsored