Rough Country 2.5in Spacer lift

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
I like the way mine drives with the lift, but that being said, I'm not going to blow smoke and say it didn't effect the ride at all. I will say though it isn't bad at all, and I actually prefer it over the factory ride. It isn't quite as responsive, but I would say 95% as responsive, it handles like a Jeep, but a much nicer version, head and shoulders better than the ride after a lift on the JK. I put the steering stabilizer in and I drive alot of Highway miles, so far I've been on about 5- 4 hour road trips since it has been lifted and I am still really pleased. Ready for the superchip to come out though.
I think the Superchip came out today!
Sponsored

mcclain

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU - White
I think the Superchip came out today!
I need to get on that. Made a huge difference in my 2012 JK, I was still getting 17 MPG with it at least and running 37's. I loved running with that thing.

jeepfandotcom

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepfan.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Grey JLUR 4xe, 2004 TJ, 1978 CJ-5
If you have all the tools I don't see why not. PM me if you need help, and I will give you my phone number.
You can txt me throughout the day if you get stuck.
I did mine alone. Took about 5 hours at a relaxed pace.

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
Ordered my superchip yesterday and shipped today. They're quick to get them out.

Sponsored

mcclain

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU - White
Let me know what you think and how you end up setting it up if you don't mind!

Arnusoriano

First Name
Jesus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Scion TC, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL, Horse
Hi,
I installed this kit on my JL Sport and put in 35's tires. Looks great the works great too. My question is, what kind of off roading can i do with this lift? It seems that the kit was very simple... Is it just meant to fit 35's (on Sport) but not for off roading?. Sorry, i don't have much experience with this kind of stuff and i wasn't planning to offroad after the kit installation but i kinda want to test it out... Like should i be extra carefully when going though large rocks? is it as good as an expensive lift for regular (relative easier) offroad?
Here is my final Jeep Setup:
IMG_2235.jpg

2.5 Rough Country Lift
35's Nitto Ridge Grappler
17in Black Rhino Overland (17x9.5)

mcclain

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU - White
Hi,
I installed this kit on my JL Sport and put in 35's tires. Looks great the works great too. My question is, what kind of off roading can i do with this lift? It seems that the kit was very simple... Is it just meant to fit 35's (on Sport) but not for off roading?. Sorry, i don't have much experience with this kind of stuff and i wasn't planning to offroad after the kit installation but i kinda want to test it out... Like should i be extra carefully when going though large rocks? is it as good as an expensive lift for regular (relative easier) offroad?
IMG_2235.jpg

2.5 Rough Country Lift
You should be fine for most off roading, I wouldn't do much by the way of rock climbing, but it should handle most trails that you throw at it. It looks great! You will be amazed at what your jeep can do, even if you were running it on stock

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,
IMG_2235.jpg

2.5 Rough Country Lift
Looks great, my wife got to stretch her legs a bit with the RC kit & 35s this weekend. Most of our local parks are mud, but we be taking a trip in the near future for some rock crawling. I don't see why it would be an issue :like:
DSC_0987.jpg

Sponsored

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
We picked up our JLUR a week ago and put right over 800 miles on it before I had to do something with the 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers that had been sitting in our garage from another Jeep build. Opted for the 2.5" RC Spacer Lift with their front adjustable track bar and steering stabilizer. The Jeep aligned well and tracks great going down the road. Ride is very similar to stock but you can tell a bit of difference in certain situations due to the much heavier Load E tires on it now. Running around 31psi and will play with values from there. It was later in the evening yesterday when the work was finished and I got a chance to clean it up so I'll get more pictures and measurements in the next day or so. All in all I'm really happy with the clearance and stance running the 35s. Going to 37s are always an option and I was afraid we'd want them immediately but I'm very pleased.

Since its the wife's daily driver and she commutes a decent distance I think the 35s were a solid choice (plus it helped that I already had them).

Karens_JL_Lifted_HDR_Front.jpg

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
I installed this kit without the shocks, and since got the New shocks installed
I put Rubicon wheels and tires on my Sahara. I think the ride is better,i aired tires to 37 psi. I added the RC steering stabilizer and can honestly say it steers better than the stock set up. There customer service is top shelf.