Rough Country 2.5in Spacer lift

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
Which steering stabilizer did you install, the RC single or dual?
Sponsored

mcclain

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU - White
Which steering stabilizer did you install, the RC single or dual?
I got the single for now, we will see how it drives for awhile. It's a pretty smooth ride, I had mixed feelings about taking the stock one off, but with the tires I was running it was roaming a good bit on the highway. Steering is a little tighter with the stabilizer. Ride is still good with the BB lift, I would say just a little bit rougher but not bad at all.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I got the single for now, we will see how it drives for awhile. It's a pretty smooth ride, I had mixed feelings about taking the stock one off, but with the tires I was running it was roaming a good bit on the highway. Steering is a little tighter with the stabilizer. Ride is still good with the BB lift, I would say just a little bit rougher but not bad at all.
What are your tire pressures? I noticed my stock JL Rubi was delivered with over 42psi on all 4 tires. I dropped it to to suggested 37psi and it stopped for the most part. I was running E Rated 37's with the RC 2.5" lift and had no wandering like I did with the factory tires(Running them at 27psi.)

mcclain

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU - White
What are your tire pressures? I noticed my stock JL Rubi was delivered with over 42psi on all 4 tires. I dropped it to to suggested 37psi and it stopped for the most part. I was running E Rated 37's with the RC 2.5" lift and had no wandering like I did with the factory tires(Running them at 27psi.)
I'm honestly not sure, but ill take a look in the morning. It's not bad at all, I've had alot of highway miles on windy days is probably half of it. All in all i'm really pleased with the RC lift. Great deal for the price. We didn't put the bump stops in, but I thought it was a great quality for the money

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
I'm honestly not sure, but ill take a look in the morning. It's not bad at all, I've had alot of highway miles on windy days is probably half of it. All in all i'm really pleased with the RC lift. Great deal for the price. We didn't put the bump stops in, but I thought it was a great quality for the money
Check your tire PSI. There are many reports of factory tires being overinflated. 32 to 37 PSI seems to be the sweet spot to eliminate roaming.

Sponsored

bodam

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I lowered my psi to 32 cold and it rides much better after the RC lift and 35's

mcclain

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU - White
Installed on my wifes otherwise factory JLU Sport. She loves it, and has zero complaints with how it drives.

vrae rc25-2.jpg
That looks awesome. My first 2 jeeps were red, I went with white this time, but I think Red is always going to be my favorite. The lift looks great

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
That looks awesome. My first 2 jeeps were red, I went with white this time, but I think Red is always going to be my favorite. The lift looks great
Thanks, I wasn't sure about the red in pictures but I really like it a lot in person with all the black accents. They had an all red one at the dealer(Red Top/Fenders, and silver wheels) and it didn't look nearly as good IMO.

I went with white on mine as well.

sm4.jpg

Nitrous1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
A9E86074-3720-44B6-B5F3-3550FFC02FD0.jpeg
F36AACA4-9FFE-4127-9D27-291652874FAD.jpeg
Here’s my wife’s on Falken 315’s and they are a great all around tire(quiet)the only problem I have are the sport shocks have a rebound spring in them and we drive a lot of crappy paved roads with frame twist type oscillation and I think it gets into those rebound springs caused by the larger heavier tire and creates a jerky wheel on that type of road only, everything else has been great. Plan is to install rubicon springs and a good set of shocks when some good options hit the market

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
A9E86074-3720-44B6-B5F3-3550FFC02FD0.jpeg
F36AACA4-9FFE-4127-9D27-291652874FAD.jpeg
Here’s my wife’s on Falken 315’s and they are a great all around tire(quiet)the only problem I have are the sport shocks have a rebound spring in them and we drive a lot of crappy paved roads with frame twist type oscillation and I think it gets into those rebound springs caused by the larger heavier tire and creates a jerky wheel on that type of road only, everything else has been great. Plan is to install rubicon springs and a good set of shocks when some good options hit the market
That looks great! What are the specs on the wheels(width offset etc?) Do you happen to have a head on picture, I'm curious how far the tires stick out.
I ordered my wife a set of wheels and the same size tires(KO2's)

Are those falkens E-Rated? If so what pressure are you running in them? Do you think the stiff sidewalls might have anything to do with what your feeling?

Nitrous1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
AF79202E-96B4-43E3-9294-4D52C98833C0.jpeg
Thanks!Those are a 17x9 and -12 offset (4.5) they look pretty good in person and I think with the extra inch of height a rubicon spring is worth it’ll look a little better. The Falken is E Rated and I’m running them at 32 psi cold ( 29 will set a low psi light)and yes I’m sure it doesn’t help but the stock shocks are tuned for the little 245 tires and have to be way over worked at twice the weight of the wheel/ tire assembly, if I were you I’d put your take off Rubi shocks on the wife’s ,it’s a much better fit for the tire Weight . I snapped a front pic for you

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
AF79202E-96B4-43E3-9294-4D52C98833C0.jpeg
Thanks!Those are a 17x9 and -12 offset (4.5) they look pretty good in person and I think with the extra inch of height a rubicon spring is worth it’ll look a little better. The Falken is E Rated and I’m running them at 32 psi cold ( 29 will set a low psi light)and yes I’m sure it doesn’t help but the stock shocks are tuned for the little 245 tires and have to be way over worked at twice the weight of the wheel/ tire assembly, if I were you I’d put your take off Rubi shocks on the wife’s ,it’s a much better fit for the tire Weight . I snapped a front pic for you
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I sold my Rubicon setup before we got her JL. I'll probably wait until the adjustable RS9000's become available and put them on it, that or a full suspension setup. I had the RC 2.5 setup just sitting in the shop from when I had it on my Rubi. Rather than let it sit I decided to put it on my wife's JL.

Nitrous1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
Yea I’ve done the same thing before, I seem to keep to much stuff I don’t need and sell everything I do! Lol both your Jeeps look great!

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Do I need the tire relocation bracket if I have the steel bumper? For some reason I remember someone saying no.
Sponsored