Rough Country 2.5" Review 2dr JL

TankCustomsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr Mojito
Since there are not too many suspension options available for the 2 door JL's yet, I decided to go with @Rough Country Suspensions Country spacer lift kit. My business partner had the same kit on his 4 door Rubicon, which he later passed to his wife with a 4dr Sport so I partially knew what to expect.

I also opted to add the Rough Country front trackbar at the same time we were installing the suspension.

Parts:

All the parts look well made and are powder coated black. There were no missing bolts or hardware needed to complete the job. My one minor complaint would be the joints on the swaybar links. I would prefer to see a ball joint at one end of each link like the factory links (something I really shouldn't be complaining about for the price and given what's all included.)

Installation:

I am not typically the one that does our installs but my business partner @TTEChris insisted I participate while he "supervised" (or sat on his ass and pointed/yelled if I wasn't doing things his way).

Overall everything was very smooth/easy. All the parts,brackets,links etc. fit without any issues. The worst part of the job was torqueing all the control arms on the ground once the Jeep was settled. I have a newfound respect for our guys that crawl around under the Jeep and torque those bolts.

With a little guidance I was able to have everything done in under three hours, including torqueing all the bolts, centering the steering wheel and centering the axle with the adjustable trackbar.

Ride:

The ride feels almost exactly the same after the installation of the kit. I was a little worried that with the short wheelbase the lift would feel different/less stable than on the 4 door but I was pleasantly surprised that there was little to no noticeable difference. I spend a lot of time on the highway, so that was important to me.

Appearance:

I love the stance. I actually liked the short/low look of the 37's at the factory height with the 2dr but realized without some heavy fender modifications there was no way I would clear them offroad. I was also tired of the guys at the shop whisteling the "Low Rider" song everytime I pulled in. IMO the 2.5" lift looks perfect on the 2 door. I wouldn't want to go any higher than where it currently sits.

BEFORE:
sunny top down.jpg

AFTER:
WINGSTOP1440.jpg
XMAS JEEPS.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: