First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Wrangler Unlimited Sahara.. previously 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Fitness Club AGM
I absolutely love mine! No complaints whatsoever, ride quality is great too.

FA771803-3212-4204-9C56-2A0B271F22A4.jpeg
Absolutely love the look! I am new to lifts, may I ask the specifics of your lift/wheel/tires combo? Mine will be my daily however I will also be doing small trails from time to time. How is the drive? Any stiffness??

Thanks in advance, yours is a thing of beauty!

Bryan

JL_v

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Sahara
Absolutely love the look! I am new to lifts, may I ask the specifics of your lift/wheel/tires combo? Mine will be my daily however I will also be doing small trails from time to time. How is the drive? Any stiffness??

Thanks in advance, yours is a thing of beauty!

Bryan
Thank you Bryan!

Wheels:Fuel Hostage rims 20x12 -44 offset
Tires: 35” Red Dirt Road MT
Suspension:2.5 Rough Country lift

Basic build nothing too fancy. Just perfect for me since I’m daily driving my Jeep too(about 60miles round trip everyday). Ride comfort for me is the same as stock. Everyone has different opinions on that though. I do basic trails with mine and it’s perfect for me!

JeepFanNE

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Wrangler Unlimited Sahara.. previously 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Fitness Club AGM
Thank you Bryan!

Wheels:Fuel Hostage rims 20x12 -44 offset
Tires: 35” Red Dirt Road MT
Suspension:2.5 Rough Country lift

Basic build nothing too fancy. Just perfect for me since I’m daily driving my Jeep too(about 60miles round trip everyday). Ride comfort for me is the same as stock. Everyone has different opinions on that though. I do basic trails with mine and it’s perfect for me!
Perfect! Exactly my situation as far as daily driving and trail exposure. As far as the lift is concerned, if I was to have the work done by a shop, do I simply suggest the "2.5 Rough Country" and nothing else? Or do I also pay for any additional add-on's/parts? i understand from reading this thread some are adding arms or straps or other parts, etc. lol sorry for confusion, I am a newb with these things.

2nd Jeep FIRST LIFT!!

Thanks for all your help, Vince!

edit: Are these the correct tires and rims?

https://bentondiscounttires.com/product/red-dirt-road-rd6-35x12-50r20-121q/

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/D...stage-20x12-D531-44mm-Offset-matte-black.html

Thank you!

Last edited:

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Just did the 2.5 spacer lift with a friend. Very happy with the look. Did anyone else installing have a tough time with front bump stops? Was next to impossible to get the nut under that tiny space between the axle and the bottom of where the coil sits. And the nut and bolt didn't exactly thread easily. I had to go to Lowes and replace the bolt. Otherwise the install was easy.

Sponsored

KurtisF

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Unlimited JL
I got a 2.5 RC lift with springs and shocks with a dual stabilizer with 35 Terra Grappler G2 on 18" rims installed today, And as I'm driving it home, it is floating all over the road, and each bump pulls it to one side or the other. Everybody is saying that theirs are driven as good as stock or better and I'm wondering if something is wrong with mine because or could it be the tires, because it drives like crap.

Biconia

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
Just finished installing RC 2.5" spacer lift kit on my JLU Rubicon
driving didn't change its a real Budged lift kit ( temp kit till new Setup later )
just one concern this is not a 2.5" spacer its 2" lift kit hope RC guys correct the Item titles :)

Bocephus1963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon. 1976 K5 Blazer. 1995 S10 Blazer 4wd
Occupation
Forklift Operator
I got a 2.5 RC lift with springs and shocks with a dual stabilizer with 35 Terra Grappler G2 on 18" rims installed today, And as I'm driving it home, it is floating all over the road, and each bump pulls it to one side or the other. Everybody is saying that theirs are driven as good as stock or better and I'm wondering if something is wrong with mine because or could it be the tires, because it drives like crap.
Did you try lowering tire pressure? Some places put in max air pressure, you might just be driving on the crown or center of tire. Just a thought.

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
Just finished installing RC 2.5" spacer lift kit on my JLU Rubicon
driving didn't change its a real Budged lift kit ( temp kit till new Setup later )
just one concern this is not a 2.5" spacer its 2" lift kit hope RC guys correct the Item titles :)
Should be 2.5" in the front and 2" in the back. Still kind of misleading, but technically correct.

Sponsored

Wranglernewbie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Check your tire pressure. Lower them to 28 psi and take it for a drive.

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Just installed mine. Took about 10 hours with some breaks for food/beer.

For the install, my tips are to make sure you have the tools on the list. If you're like me and have some socket/wrench sets be careful because neither of mine came with an 18mm. My impact set didn't have 18 or 19mm. I definitely recommend a 1/2 and a 1/4 inch impact. I also recommend you enlist a friend to help who also has a jack so you have two, it came in hand to to lift the frame and axle separately.

As far as how it feels: I am probably one of the few people who installed the lift and kept the stock wheels/tires. It rides EXACTLY like stock. It might feel a little stiffer, but other than that its just higher up. I will say that with mine it lifted the front 0.5 inches higher, which the kit is a 2.5 front and 2 back. I guess my jeep was level from the factory.

Overall, I'm very happy with it. Even with it higher in the front and with stock wheels/tires I love the way it looks. For $200 you can't beat it.

20190811_141321.jpg

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

anyone go with the RC shocks? any feedback? thinking about going with those instead of shock extensions.

and stupid question but i was just about to install JKS 0-2" sway bar disconnects. would i then need to switch to the longer JKS quick disconnects?

Last edited:

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
anyone go with the RC shocks? any feedback? thinking about going with those instead of shock extensions.

and stupid question but i was just about to install JKS 0-2" sway bar disconnects. would i then need to switch to the longer JKS quick disconnects?
I know this is late, but I just saw some JKS discos on someone elses Jeep and I do not recommend them at all. The ball joints are awful. The JKS and others are adjustable length though, so if you get adjustables it won't matter.
Sponsored