First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepfan.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Grey JLUR 4xe, 2004 TJ, 1978 CJ-5
Just ordered a kit for the wife’s Sahara can’t wait to throw my wheels (20x10 -11 offset Fuel Mavericks with 35x12.50x20) on it already! Hopefully will be done by next weekend.

How much are you guys paying to get this kit installed? I am also going to add a RC front steering stabilizer should I add anything else? It’s a certified mall crawler no plans to play in the mud with this one.
I don’t think a new stabilizer is needed. I’m running 37’s with the stock one and it’s all good. I usually only replace them when they are worn out.
Sponsored

Csward12

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I would save the money and go RC if you are not doing any rock crawling. It doesn't make sense to spend 2x+ as much for essentially the same thing. The EVO may have beefier brackets etc, but if you won't be bashing then against rocks it won't make much of a difference.
Don't get me wrong I love EVO products, but when it comes to spacer lifts that come with essentially the same parts I would save the $

Can you explain why? Like I mentioned above I am a big fan of EVO products, but for things like coilovers/long arms etc... For just a "budget boost" I don't see the sense of spending the extra money.
I understand that it’s a budget boost, but I would bet that Evo makes a bit better quality product.

I put the RC on my JL initially, and although it wasn’t terrible, I bought an RK Flex kit almost immediately.

Sorry for the late reply.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I understand that it’s a budget boost, but I would bet that Evo makes a bit better quality product.

I put the RC on my JL initially, and although it wasn’t terrible, I bought an RK Flex kit almost immediately.

Sorry for the late reply.
Newbie to the suspension world. The RC is on my short list right now. Can I ask what was wrong with fhe RC kit that pushed you to buy another and swap?

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
Newbie to the suspension world. The RC is on my short list right now. Can I ask what was wrong with fhe RC kit that pushed you to buy another and swap?
Def not answering for Csward, but here's my take on it bc I did the opposite.
They are not apples to apples lifts. A budget boost is just that, an inexpensive way to lift your vehicle with decent but limited off road ability. Mainly for looks to accommodate larger tires.
The RK flex kit is a dedicated suspension lift that changes a lot of the dynamic of the suspension to give it much better off road capabilities.
So, depends on what your goals are. Mine? I bought our JLUR for my wife bc she's been wanting a Jeep for awhile now, I've had my share of them.
At first I shopped for lifts as if it was my vehicle, so I was hell bent on the best off road kit avail. Then realizing, this Jeep will never see rocks, and very limited off road, if ever, decided that a RC 2.5 will meet my needs perfectly. I did order a front trac bar and will adding Fox shocks when they are avail however.
Hope this sheds some light on why someone would change, but from a diff perspective.

Csward12

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Of course.

As cmb396 mentioned, they are much different lifts. I went with the RC initially thinking the ride would still feel stock, I wouldn’t get any extra suspension travel but it was MUCH more inexpensive.

The ride didn’t feel stock after install. But then again, it shouldn’t have. The steering was flighty.... not to the point that I felt unsafe, just a bit looser. That was likely due to the fact that my control arms were now at a steeper angle. The ride was more rough as well.

A lot is neglected when only adding spacers. I wanted to save money. Simple as that.

In the end, I spent nearly 55k on a stock Jeep. Why not spend a little extra coin and give myself a bit more travel but also a smoother ride, and with a kit that could be further upgraded in the future.

That being said, I’ve yet to install the RK kit since it won’t be mailed until the third week of this month. I have high hopes for this kit, as I know several people that run RK and have nothing but good things to say.

Time will tell.

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Thanks, all!

I don’t want to cheap out. That said, my goal is clearing 35s for mild-moderate off-road use while also keeping entry reasonable for accessibility reasons. I also actually prefer less fender gap for visual purposes. Can’t have it all, right?

I guess I’d love a 2”/1” F/R” leveling lift that can handle mild-moderate off-road use as well. Any ideas?

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Csward, you're the first I've read that the RC rode stiffer than stock. That's disappointing bc mine showed up yesterday.
That's the main reason I went with RC is bc of all the claims of factory ride is retained.
I can understand the steering however.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Csward, you're the first I've read that the RC rode stiffer than stock. That's disappointing bc mine showed up yesterday.
That's the main reason I went with RC is bc of all the claims of factory ride is retained.
It is not stiffer than stock....
I had it on my Rubicon and with the factory wheels/tires the ride was unchanged. When I put on my E rated tires the ride got stiffer I wanted longer travel shocks so I went with a different kit(which is now stiffer than it was with the spacer kit) and installed the same RC 2.5" kit on my wife's JLU Sport. She also noticed no difference in ride quality with factory wheels/tires. We ordered her some less aggresive D rated 35s and run them at 30psi and she says it now rides better than the stock all terrains that came on her sport....

Csward12

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure my tire pressure plays a part. I just feel more bumps in the road. It’s not terrible, but I feel it. Don’t get down before you try it out, I’m just speaking from my personal experience.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure my tire pressure plays a part. I just feel more bumps in the road. It’s not terrible, but I feel it. Don’t get down before you try it out, I’m just speaking from my personal experience.
I felt a lot more bumps in the road with my E-Rated 37s that I did with the factory wheels/tires and this lift (Even at the 27psi I run mine.)
I'm just trying to point out it's probably not the lift. Tire choice and inflation pressure will have a bigger impact on ride quality than this or any "smaller" spacer lift.

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I felt a lot more bumps in the road with my E-Rated 37s that I did with the factory wheels/tires and this lift (Even at the 27psi I run mine.)
I'm just trying to point out it's probably not the lift. Tire choice and inflation pressure will have a bigger impact on ride quality than this or any "smaller" spacer lift.
I’m assuming my E rated 35s (Ridge Grapplers) will be the “weak link” when it comes to my ride quality. So with the bar being set by my E rated tires, I don’t think any spacer lift will really impact ride quality for me.

Csward12

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
And you could very well be right-I’m sure there are many factors as to why it feels the way it does, including the lift. It’s just not what I want, so hopefully the RK is a better fit for me.

Try it out and let me know your thoughts.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I’m assuming my E rated 35s (Ridge Grapplers) will be the “weak link” when it comes to my ride quality. So with the bar being set by my E rated tires, I don’t think any spacer lift will really impact ride quality for me.
Just try it first with the factory wheels/tires. That will give you an idea of how the Jeep rides with just the lift. After a few miles put on the wheels/tires and let us know the difference. Chalk test the tires, or try one of the mathematical equations to get optimal PSI for the full weight of your vehicle with the new setup.
The best lifted JL I've had an opportunity to work on/ride in had C Rated 315/70r17 KO2s(Almost 35s) I really wanted those tires for my wife's JL but they were backordered at the time.

And you could very well be right-I’m sure there are many factors as to why it feels the way it does, including the lift. It’s just not what I want, so hopefully the RK is a better fit for me.

Try it out and let me know your thoughts.
RK makes great lift kits, I had their 3 link long arm on one of my JKs with 14" travel coilovers. You won't be disappointed.

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, good feedback! Thanks!
I already have E rated 35s Toyos on it. They were take offs from my superduty went I put 37s on it.
I'm running 35lbs in them, but gonna go lower when my Superchip comes in so I can turn the tpms off.
The ride wasn't too much different, but you could feel the bumps. Biggest diff was the width of the tire and tracking.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
The best lifted JL I've had an opportunity to work on/ride in had C Rated 315/70r17 KO2s(Almost 35s) I really wanted those tires for my wife's JL but they were backordered at the time.
Those were on my list - I want to want them so badly. Just not aggressive enough. I love
The snowflake and C rating, though!
Sponsored