Rough country 2.5 lift pics / reviews

Narb16

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl 80 anniversary
You can do it, I’m just not sure how the factory shocks on extensions will pair with MC springs. Also the 2.5” springs are most likely gonna lift you more than that, which brings in geometry corrections that’ll need to be addressed.
Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply. Why do you say you’re not sure how they pair? And what type of geometry corrections would I need? Im guessing I wouldn’t be able to do it at home.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply. Why do you say you’re not sure how they pair? And what type of geometry corrections would I need? Im guessing I wouldn’t be able to do it at home.
Usually lift companies base there advertised lift heights on the Rubi, so Sahara, Sports get more lift . If this happens and you get 3-3-1/2” of lift your factory shocks will be extended some even on extensions , at ride height and you won’t have enough up travel to keep the shocks from over extending /topping out and will not be a smooth ride.

As for geometry , you’ll need adjustable track bars and adjustable lcas, or geometry brackets.

There’s just more to it to make it ride sweet, and perform good off road when you get over 2.5” of lift.

You can certainly do all of it yourself, there’s a ton of videos out there that will walk you through it step by step, as long as you have some basic tools , jack and jack stands.

Narb16

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl 80 anniversary
Wow I didn’t think of that, about the over extension. I wonder since my jeep was a bit higher than the sport my shocks will be able to withstand it. And awesome man thanks for this info extremely helpful!

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
If you just use the complete RC spacer kit then you probably won't need the other stuff. I would not use just some pieces. Better yet, just get some shocks to match your springs. Lastly, make sure with the manufacturer that all the parts are compatible with the diesel. They should be but you never know.

Narb16

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl 80 anniversary
If you just use the complete RC spacer kit then you probably won't need the other stuff. I would not use just some pieces. Better yet, just get some shocks to match your springs. Lastly, make sure with the manufacturer that all the parts are compatible with the diesel. They should be but you never know.
[/QUOTE forsure thanks for the advice! Ima definitely look into the compatibility with the diesel.

Sponsored

Narb16

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl 80 anniversary
Looks great! What pressure are you running in those 37's?
I had the opposite experience when going from stock to the 2.5" lift and the E-Rated coopers. I felt the factory Rubicon tires wanted to wander all over the place(Especially when I drove away from the dealer at 42psi.) Once I dropped it top 37psi like the door jam suggests it seemed to wander less.
When I added the RC 2.5" Lift and the Coopers I actually felt it wandered a lot less than the factory setup. A lot of that probably has to do with the E-Rated Coopers I am running(At 27psi.) Which still ride rough at that PSI, but the lift itself didn't change the ride quality
You’re running 27psi? For regular roads, or off roading?

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
You’re running 27psi? For regular roads, or off roading?
Most 37’s I run 25-28 psi on road. I always chalk test(especially with tires I haven’t tried) but even at those pressures they show overinflated.
On 40” plus tires I usually run 22-25psi on road.

Narb16

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl 80 anniversary
Most 37’s I run 25-28 psi on road. I always chalk test(especially with tires I haven’t tried) but even at those pressures they show overinflated.
Hmm I always thought that might of been to low

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm I always thought that might of been to low
I did too coming from the sports car world.

I have now owned 11 Jeeps in the past 10 years and none of them have seen over 28psi on the street(except my first JK where I was still “learning”.)
Every one of my Jeeps except my current Gladiator has been daily driven. I have had zero issues with the pressures I mentioned, and my tires always seem to wear fairly even (with proper rotation.)
Whatever you decide grab a stick of chalk and see what portion of the tire you are actually riding on at that pressure. 🍻

Narb16

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl 80 anniversary
I did too coming from the sports car world.

I have now owned 11 Jeeps in the past 10 years and none of them have seen over 28psi on the street(except my first JK where I was still “learning”.)
Every one of my Jeeps except my current Gladiator has been daily driven. I have had zero issues with the pressures I mentioned, and my tires always seem to wear fairly even (with proper rotation.)
Whatever you decide grab a stick of chalk and see what portion of the tire you are actually riding on at that pressure. 🍻
What shocks do you recommend? I bought Rc, man oh man they are horrible. Looking into something else

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
What shocks do you recommend? I bought Rc, man oh man they are horrible. Looking into something else
The RC shocks are really soft….
If money isn’t a big concern the Fox 2.5” performance elite shocks are really nice.
If on a budget the Fox 2.0 is what I would run.

troubledog

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon diesel
Ok thats it. Taking my KO2’s down to 28. They are severely overinflated right now. I was going for gas mileage.

James202198

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys
Occupation
F&I Manager at Jeep Dealership
Vehicle Showcase

OU1BluJL20

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Willys
Any JL Sport or Willys with 285/75/17s with Rough Country 2.5 spacer lift? Pics? Sorry if I missed in the thread pages
Sponsored