Sponsored

Rough Country 2.5 inch spacer lift on JLUR, Any Regrets?

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
1 - what causes things to get pushed to the driver side and does this happen to everyone or just in come cases?

Thanks!

Kevin
The stock track bar is a fixed length bar of steel. It is connected diagonally, one end to one side of the axle and the other end to the opposite side of the frame.
When the frame gets lifted up higher, the end of the track bar that connects to the frame needs to get raised up also. Since the length of the track bar itself does not change, the higher mounting point forces the entire jeep to move to one side.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rough Country 2.5 inch spacer lift on JLUR, Any Regrets? DE01E447-367E-4715-98D0-5ECD17771606
Sponsored

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
Reviving this thread, debating this vs. a full Mopar 2" lift. Savings would probably pay for a new set of 35's, I need to bring the front end a bit from steel bumper/winch install, and would definitely like some more clearance. Looking at this one since it's 2.5"/2" so the front end should balance out with the weight. Mostly on moderate trails still though, so the most important thing to me right now is a bit more clearance, keeping my articulation and on-road feel.

Bonus being I can likely do this install by myself or at a minimum with a mechanic friend on his lift. Mopar I'd likely get Jeep to do for some sort of warranty.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
We ran that kit on our 2019 for several thousand miles, and upgraded it as we went. In my opinion you’ll want to add the Mopar lift lower control arms (budget friendly) or a quality set of adjustable front LCAs. The caster is marginal stock and only gets worse with the lift. Shock relocation brackets work, but in my opinion the stock shocks aren’t great anyway. With our new XR I decided to go a slightly different route. Teraflex 1.5” rear spacer and 2” front spacer, icon front sway bar links, teraflex rear sway bar links, rubicon express LCAs(had left over in the garage), and bilstein 5100’s. Didn’t need bump stop extensions as the XR already has them. Drives, handles, rides, and flexes much better than stock now. $700 is quite a bit more than the rough country kit, but I’d still call it a budget build that improved on all the factory shortcomings I’ve found with the Jeep suspension from the factory.
Sponsored