Sponsored

Rough cost estimate - Mopar 2" lift kit, installed?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Can anyone give advice what a good shop should charge for the Mopar 2" lift kit, installed, on a 2019 JL?

Thank you!
I'd also go with Rancho front and rear track bars which add another $400 or so. Should be able to get all the parts and work done for $2100 to $2200.
Sponsored

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
Congrats! Important to learn your Jeep. No better way than DIY.
It started with the winch that my little girl and I put on and seems to be spiraling. When I was younger, I had no fear on taking my cars, pickups and my YJ apart, but hadnā€™t done much in the last 20 years. But now I figure, worse case I can flatbed it to a shop to fix what I broke!

Totally agree though, I know so much more after several projects. Worse part, when I do need warranty work, itā€™s scary, I seemingly know more than the dealerā€¦though they are nice folks.

I do have to say, I still think 2 door Wranglers are AWESOME!!! Yours looks very cool and I keep trying to get my wife into one so I can have the best of both worlds. Yeah, maybe a little regret not getting one like yours...

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Can anyone give advice what a good shop should charge for the Mopar 2" lift kit, installed, on a 2019 JL?

Thank you!
A good price would be based on man hours. Iā€™d say 4-5 hours to install plus alignment. If youā€™re close to Kernersville, Iā€™ll do the install and teach you for free. Then you can take it to get the alignment. Easy enough to do.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
A good price would be based on man hours. Iā€™d say 4-5 hours to install plus alignment. If youā€™re close to Kernersville, Iā€™ll do the install and teach you for free. Then you can take it to get the alignment. Easy enough to do.
You are a good guy for this offer; thanks for being that way. In todays world not enough people helping one another.

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
You are a good guy for this offer; thanks for being that way. In todays world not enough people helping one another.
He is, and while I've not met @chevymitchell , he's been a great help and those who have will tell you he's the tops...well, mostly...;)

Sponsored

blb078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
I've read conflicting info on doing the mopar 2" lift yourself and it could void the warranty if there is an issue. But a dealer doing it won't? Anyone able to clarify that? Thanks

Brian

OP
OP
joshg

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
Incredibly nice... I do like working on cars and would love to take you up on it! Sadly, I'm a LONG way from NC. - 2700+ miles according to google. But will consider tackling some of my mods like this myself.

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR

Thank you!
My dealer quoted me $1500 for the kit and $1600 in labor to install it. After some smelling salts revived me, I went home, bought it online for $1,100 and installed it myself in a few hours (like 4hrs on day one and 4 hrs on day two). Not the easiest job I have ever done, but not that hard. Plus it's satisfying to work on your Jeep yourself. I did make sure to go to a dealer after a couple hundred miles to have everything re-torqued to factory spec (because you need to do that with any suspension mods after 100 miles or so) and then I painted a little yellow stripe down the side of each thread/bolt/component so that I could really easy spot loose bolts on quick visual inspection.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wifeā€™s)
I've read conflicting info on doing the mopar 2" lift yourself and it could void the warranty if there is an issue. But a dealer doing it won't? Anyone able to clarify that? Thanks

Brian
My understanding is that if you install it, the parts are covered, not labor. For example if the spring isolators crushed, they would give you a new part, but not install it.

If a control arm bolts comes loose because it wasnā€™t properly tightened, and that led to further damage, I think it would be an uphill battle getting anything covered on a self install. Obviously if the dealer installed it it should be covered.

Sponsored

rcc1123

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara

Thank you!
In the Phoenix area Tempe Chrysler Dodge Jeep charges $1495.00 for the kit and $400.00 for the install. So total here is $1895.00 out the door ( I assume this is before taxes :))

rcc1123

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara

JLU74

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Vehicle Showcase
If the tie rod isnā€™t messed with, toe should be fine. Wouldnā€™t change. Knowing the castor, without adjusting it if out? The point is they are taking your money and aligning nothing. Straighting the steering wheel takes an adjustable wrench and 5 minutes.
I just installed my kit last week. I got just under 3ā€ of lift and that pushed my steering wheel off center to the left by ~20deg. But that is a super easy adjustment on a JL. Itā€™s a simple clamp nut and hand adjustable collar on the drag link.

I had access to a friends alignment rack and there was no change to the alignment before / after. Alignment wasnā€™t perfect, but all within factor spec.

Last edited: