Sponsored

Rough cost estimate - Mopar 2" lift kit, installed?

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
Can anyone give advice what a good shop should charge for the Mopar 2" lift kit, installed, on a 2019 JL?

Thank you!
Sponsored

Krawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Lift kit is ~$1300 +/-. You can source a kit here with no sales tax and free shipping.
https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/o...ameter-fox-shocks-for-3-6l-engines-77072395ab

Labor should be no more than 4 hours, so another $480 to $600 depending on the shop you go to.

Lastly, you will need to get your alignment checked. Range of $100 to $150 for that.

For budgeting, it should be roughly $2k to get one installed.

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
4WP charged $1395 for the kit and $600 labor in January for mine. Plus $125 alignment (Las Vegas, NV)

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
What could they align? That lift has no adjustable control arms, and no adjustable track bar. So, caster? Nope. Camber? Nope. Toe? Nope, unless they changed drag link or tie rod. Just curious.

chamox

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red Rubicon
Also, I am seeing a wide range of prices for the Mopar kit. The AB version of the kit is around $1100. but the AC version of the kit could be more. Anyone know the difference? The 4 wheel parts guy was telling me that the AC # is new because of bowing issues with the AB version but I'm reading that the AB version fixed that from the previous #. I'm calling around right now to check.

Sponsored

OP
OP
joshg

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
Thanks all for the price reports and additional info!

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
From a dealer in the greater San Antonio, TX area...$9,500. ☹

• Wow
Reactions: 469

Sponsored

MikeJLUR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4 door Rubicon
What could they align? That lift has no adjustable control arms, and no adjustable track bar. So, caster? Nope. Camber? Nope. Toe? Nope, unless they changed drag link or tie rod. Just curious.
Toe, yes. Straighten steering wheel. Also you would at least know what your Caster measurement is.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Toe, yes. Straighten steering wheel. Also you would at least know what your Caster measurement is.
If the tie rod isn’t messed with, toe should be fine. Wouldn’t change. Knowing the castor, without adjusting it if out? The point is they are taking your money and aligning nothing. Straighting the steering wheel takes an adjustable wrench and 5 minutes.

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
I gotta tell you, I saw quotes all over the board. But, like you’ll see throughout this forum, find a shop that knows what they are doing and have done these before.

The other option is to do it yourself and or find some local Jeepers to help you; probably easier than you think. @chevymitchell offer to help me out.

I don’t have the Mopar lift, but I ended up putting on myself…well, I did dragged my wife and 8 year old daughter into to it a little ;)

Floor jack, jack stands, the right tools (sockets, wrenches and torque wrench) and an open day is all you need...you probably have much of what is needed. Plus, it was a great way to buy some tools…Oh hun, with what we’re saving by doing it ourselves…Works like a charm :like:

One note: A decent impact wrench will save you a ton of time. Also worth noting, I had never put on one before but like @chevymitchell says, it's like Lego's for adults. Of course he happens to be a Aviation Engineer that travels the world. He also has a incredibly built Jeep and furiously uses it!

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I gotta tell you, I saw quotes all over the board. But, like you’ll see throughout this forum, find a shop that knows what they are doing and have done these before.

The other option is to do it yourself and or find some local Jeepers to help you; probably easier than you think. @chevymitchell offer to help me out.

I don’t have the Mopar lift, but I ended up putting on myself…well, I did dragged my wife and 8 year old daughter into to it a little ;)

Floor jack, jack stands, the right tools (sockets, wrenches and torque wrench) and an open day is all you need...you probably have much of what is needed. Plus, it was a great way to buy some tools…Oh hun, with what we’re saving by doing it ourselves…Works like a charm :like:

One note: A decent impact wrench will save you a ton of time. Also worth noting, I had never put on one before but like @chevymitchell says, it's like Lego's for adults. Of course he happens to be a Aviation Engineer that travels the world. He also has a incredibly built Jeep and furiously uses it!
Congrats! Important to learn your Jeep. No better way than DIY.
Sponsored