First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Grey, 2020 JT Launch Edition Bright White, 2018 Porsche Macan S
Occupation
CEO offroadparts.com
I recently put a 2'5 lift on the JLUR and wasn't happy with what was going on with the steering. After chasing and replacing several components it left me scratching my head as to what the heck was going on. Well I just had my tires rotated and re-balanced and "Wallah" no more steering wheel shimmy at 50 mph! I also recommend putting an aftermarket drag link in, I went with the synergy system. This thing now can be handled with one hand on the wheel at 95mph, huge difference.

IMG_2336.jpeg
Sponsored

Rasdanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I agree. Even with stock sport tires. It seems that a precise wheel balance helps with the wheel shimmy/wobble at higher speeds. Also I’ve noticed that it happens even less when the temp outside is over 45 degrees. ???

Last edited:

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I recently put a 2'5 lift on the JLUR and wasn't happy with what was going on with the steering. After chasing and replacing several components it left me scratching my head as to what the heck was going on. Well I just had my tires rotated and re-balanced and "Wallah" no more steering wheel shimmy at 50 mph! I also recommend putting an aftermarket drag link in, I went with the synergy system. This thing now can be handled with one hand on the wheel at 95mph, huge difference.

IMG_2336.jpeg
Nice color Jeep...I almost regret not getting sting grey(almost).

Make sure you adjust your psi in each tire after they are warm. Correct psi in each tire helps, but a high quality steering stabilizer helps so much more.

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL

IMG_2336.jpeg
You adjust your caster and install front/rear adjustable track bars? Your thrust angle and toe angles may be way off.

OP
OP
pdavey168

pdavey168

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Grey, 2020 JT Launch Edition Bright White, 2018 Porsche Macan S
Occupation
CEO offroadparts.com
You adjust your caster and install front/rear adjustable track bars? Your thrust angle and toe angles may be way off.
Still need to do the rear but the front has been corrected prior to the shimmy.

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Still need to do the rear but the front has been corrected prior to the shimmy.
Front is aligned now, but I guarantee you your rear thrust angle is way off. Your rig is most likely dog walking. Your front end will be thrown off once you install the rear adjustable track bar to align everything.

Do soon to avoid wear on tires and steering column.
Sponsored