Sponsored

Roof Top Tent shock upgrade?

JK47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Since I've installed my rooftop tent, my rear Mopar Fox shocks can't handle the weight (also have a Dometic fridge). Any viable options to replace just the rear shocks or should I scrap the whole Mopar lift kit and start fresh?
Sponsored

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hit up HB Performance/Adventure Offroad and see what they can do about getting those shocks re-valved for the additional weight. Fox IFP's can be rebuilt/re-valved with the proper tools. You may want different springs in the rear too if you are unhappy with the ride height in the rear after the additional weight.

Here is a Jeep with our 3" front and 4" rear springs with a bunch of additional weight in the rear including a fridge.

2020-01-281.jpg
2020-01-282.jpg

OP
OP
JK47

JK47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hit up HB Performance/Adventure Offroad and see what they can do about getting those shocks re-valved for the additional weight. Fox IFP's can be rebuilt/re-valved with the proper tools. You may want different springs in the rear too if you are unhappy with the ride height in the rear after the additional weight.

Here is a Jeep with our 3" front and 4" rear springs with a bunch of additional weight in the rear including a fridge.

2020-01-281.jpg
2020-01-282.jpg
Thanks for the recommendation. The ride height is fine, it just squats and dips way too much under acceleration and turns. I'll see if HB have a core program, I don't really want to have any downtime...
Sponsored