First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
@sarum87 Please keep this thread alive with updates! I’m so glad to see someone doing this. I’ve been pricing racks and RTTs with the intention of going overland for a three month trek.
It would be great to see how you setup your Jeep and read about what you like and dislike.
Good luck with it!

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I am looking to order this rack and eventually this same roof top tent. Can you put the back and sides of the soft top up in the tent with say a pillow and sleeping back rolled up (with the tent in down position)? Have you had a chance to use this setup @sarum87

OP
OP
sarum87

sarum87

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ 7
Vehicle Showcase
If I understand your question. Yes you can leave sleeping bags and pillows in the tent and close it just fine. Is that what you are asking?

QUOTE="SH556JL, post: 1593647, member: 64213"]
I am looking to order this rack and eventually this same roof top tent. Can you put the back and sides of the soft top up in the tent with say a pillow and sleeping back rolled up? Have you had a chance to use this setup @sarum87
[/QUOTE]

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
If I understand your question. Yes you can leave sleeping bags and pillows in the tent and close it just fine. Is that what you are asking?
That's good to know, but would also like to put the soft top side and back windows up there when exploring. Is there enough room to put them in there for storage and protection with the tent in the down position? At the moment, I put them in the back with the MOPAR storage bag and it takes up a lot of space. It's light enough I wouldn't mind putting them up high and laying flat I would think it would fit up there.

OP
OP
sarum87

sarum87

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ 7
Vehicle Showcase
ahhh ok i get it. One thing to consider. I did put in a 1"3/4 foam pad to make sleeping a bit more comfortable. that pad plus sleepjng bag and pillows gets a little tight and requires more work to close the tent. If you didn't have a pad, yes you could put your soft top parts in there without an issue. hope this helps

That's good to know, but would also like to put the soft top side and back windows up there when exploring. Is there enough room to put them in there for storage and protection with the tent in the down position? At the moment, I put them in the back with the MOPAR storage bag and it takes up a lot of space. It's light enough I wouldn't mind putting them up high and laying flat I would think it would fit up there.
Sponsored