Roof rack satellite fail solution

COLDCUT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-Door JL Rubicon
Hello, I wanted to throw this out there for anybody who might be experiencing SiriusXM problems after installing a roof rack. I recently installed a Rhino Rack Pioneer platform and a rooftop tent. After installing the rack, the wife informed me that the Sirius reception was cutting in and out. I did a little research and came up with the Maximus-3 satellite relocation bracket. They make this bracket for both the JK and the JL/Gladiator. I believe I paid just under $40 for the bracket. The install was easy and straight forward, although I managed to break off a plastic trim clip (I always have problems with those things). Now, the reception is without interruption. I give a thumbs-up to Maximus-3. Their bracket is a successful fix!
Sponsored

digirati

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hello, I wanted to throw this out there for anybody who might be experiencing SiriusXM problems after installing a roof rack. I recently installed a Rhino Rack Pioneer platform and a rooftop tent. After installing the rack, the wife informed me that the Sirius reception was cutting in and out. I did a little research and came up with the Maximus-3 satellite relocation bracket. They make this bracket for both the JK and the JL/Gladiator. I believe I paid just under $40 for the bracket. The install was easy and straight forward, although I managed to break off a plastic trim clip (I always have problems with those things). Now, the reception is without interruption. I give a thumbs-up to Maximus-3. Their bracket is a successful fix!
Thanks for sharing this information. I’m getting the same Rhino Rack setup for my 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL and was concerned about the satellite radio reception. By the way, I moved to Colorado from Temecula a little over a year ago!

Dadgummit

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited -- 1966 Pontiac GTO Convertible
This is the thing that is stopping me from getting one. I wonder if the rack were aluminum instead of steel if that would make a difference?

GuapoJeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Thanks for posting this. I almost bought the pioneer platform yesterday but opted for the rack without it. This was one of the things I was thinking about. Btw, if anyone is considering a Rhino-rack or any bigger purchases, Quadratec has free shipping until tomorrow.

digirati

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I just had the Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform installed with their Backbone system and now my SiriusXM radio keeps cutting out. Also, the GPS was spotty for several minutes as I drove away from the shop. I haven’t tested the GPS again, but they both showed problems immediately after the install.

Sponsored

Kansascoast

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU, 2drJL
I installed a roof top tent and am now having satellite radio reception problems. Looking at the Maximus-3 bracket and wondering how hard it was to relocate the wiring/cable for the antenna. Is the antenna cable right above the driver’s door?

OP
OP

COLDCUT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-Door JL Rubicon
I installed a roof top tent and am now having satellite radio reception problems. Looking at the Maximus-3 bracket and wondering how hard it was to relocate the wiring/cable for the antenna. Is the antenna cable right above the driver’s door?
Hello Kansas, it was a while ago that I did the installation on this. The OEM antenna is located on the crossbar where the overhead speakers are, right near the passenger’s head. The relocation bracket repositions it near where the driver side sun visor is. There is sufficient cable slack and the relocation is fairly simple. You do have to massage some of the plastic trim but it’s fairly straight forward. The supplied instructions do a pretty good job of illustrating what needs to take place.

Kansascoast

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU, 2drJL
Hello Kansas, it was a while ago that I did the installation on this. The OEM antenna is located on the crossbar where the overhead speakers are, right near the passenger’s head. The relocation bracket repositions it near where the driver side sun visor is. There is sufficient cable slack and the relocation is fairly simple. You do have to massage some of the plastic trim but it’s fairly straight forward. The supplied instructions do a pretty good job of illustrating what needs to take place.
Thanks...I think I’ll give it a try.
Sponsored