Roof Rack - how many inches does it add to the height

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Does anyone know how many inches the Mopar 82215387 Removable Roof Rack Kit for 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL adds? 3 inches? 4? 5? Other________? I called some of the vendors and they say they either don't have it, or they guess (when I push to ask if they have measured it).
Sponsored

Arkewn

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Helpful! Still adding up the potential high difference with 2" lift + the roof rack.

Anyone else find it odd they haven't published the weight capacity of the Mopar roof rack? Given it's mount points to the drain rails I don't expect much. I just need to be able to put my cargo box on top with camping gear.

jstew182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR Sting-Gray
Helpful! Still adding up the potential high difference with 2" lift + the roof rack.

Anyone else find it odd they haven't published the weight capacity of the Mopar roof rack? Given it's mount points to the drain rails I don't expect much. I just need to be able to put my cargo box on top with camping gear.
Quadratec's response to the question said that the JK roof only allows about 150lbs and to expect about the same for this.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/removable-roof-rack-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl

zhilbert

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S

I thought I read somewhere that the max load is around 160 lbs distributed evenly or whatever the hard top can handle by itself. How heavy is your camping gear? I had no issues with my fully loaded, hardshell ski carrier, but that wouldn't have been more than forty or fifty pounds. That so, I'd be comfortable putting three of four carriers side by side and not to worried about the overall weight.

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Thank you Ken. That's exactly what I needed to know! I also plan on putting camping gear in a cargo box on top of the roof rack. I went and checked out some different cargo boxes yesterday. They are very flimsy, so the estimated 160lb rack limit might not be the limiting factor, the flimsy cargo box probably is.
Sponsored