Roof Rack and a 270 bat wing awning.

Ronbo Ranger

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Wrangler Rubicon
Hey fellow Jeepers... .... I'm Fielding the idea of a low profile roof rack to support a 270 bat wing awning and some solar panels to power my Yeti.
I'm not sure what's on the market that is strong weather resistant and reliable. I'm all ears for the tried and true. Thanx ahead for your replies.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ronbo Ranger

Ronbo Ranger

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Wrangler Rubicon
Well it was crickets with my question here. So I watched a bunch of YouTube videos and found a lot of promo's for every rack imaginable. It was scary to watch a few "rack installations" require drilling thru the roof. Finally I just went on ahead and stayed with Rugged Ridge who made my fenders and inner wheel well liners. The Rack should be here in a few days

LanceMagnum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm not sure if you're asking for rack, awning, or solar panel recommendations, but I'm using the Eezi-awn batwing 270. Very happy with the quick deploy and un-deploy, and the coverage matches the jeep well by covering the drivers side rear corner and around to the tailgate area.

Jeep Wrangler JL Roof Rack and a 270 bat wing awning. 1630380155660

It's on the smaller size for a 270, but it only weighs about 46 lbs.

I'm using a front runner rack but that's overkill if you are just mounting some solar panels.
Sponsored