Sponsored

Roof + pioneer backbone system weight

NewTXJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Anyone know an estimated weight for the 4dr hardtop and pioneer backbone system combined? Ordered a Harken Hoist and hoping I can use it to take off the roof and rack as one unit. Anyone done something like this?? Any suggestions or recommendations??
Sponsored

RockinMarine

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL, Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired Marine/ Techician for Disney
Anyone know an estimated weight for the 4dr hardtop and pioneer backbone system combined? Ordered a Harken Hoist and hoping I can use it to take off the roof and rack as one unit. Anyone done something like this?? Any suggestions or recommendations??
The 4dr hardtop is around 100lbs. The backbone system with rack is about 75

OP
OP
NewTXJL

NewTXJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The 4dr hardtop is around 100lbs. The backbone system with rack is about 75
Thank you. I got the Harken Hoist installed and will be trying to take the roof off today. I will be over the weight limit for the hoist (145 lbs), but am going to try anyways..i'm hoping they underrate these hoists ..lol :)

KCC_703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray MOAB
Post the result. I'm interested in doing the same...

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
I was wondering why this wasn't more prevalent. Does anyone make a purpose designed roof rail/hook setup specifically for hoists? I would think that would be a no brainer. It would be trivial for one person to attach 4 straps to the top hooks and hoist the top.

The only reason I can think of is that the roof may not be strong enough and will stress in the middle as it tries to fold itself. But a simple cross rail and hook system would solve this.

The fact everyone puts straps and other support boards etc under the windows makes me think there is more to this?
Sponsored