Link

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I havent used those but I have a Rola rack that I had on my old 4Runner before I got a jeep and it looks too small for the jeep. The roof of the jeep is so wide compared to other vehicles on the road due to the straight nature of the body panels not tapering towards the roof line. Other than that these kinds of racks work fine. The biggest concern is how to mount it and how much weight you can carry because most mounts rely on the drip rails of the hard top. Other than that Im sure those racks would work just fine.

rack1.jpg

rack.jpg

broox

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broox.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4, 2020 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm also in the market for some external cargo storage for road trips!

I've got the Rhino Rack Vortex roof rails and have been going back and forth on whether to get a roof basket/tray/box that will mount to those or one of the hitch mounted cargo trays...

Pros and cons to each. I like the accessibility and less wind resistance of the hitch mount... but having a 2-door and losing the ability to open that back tailgate while I'm loaded up kind of sucks. Especially with the dog riding in back!

I know that Mopar makes their own cargo basket for ~$350. I've also been eyeballing the Rhino Rack XTray ($300-$450). The XTray looks exactly like the Tyger model you posted above...

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
This guy got me very interested in the Yakima megawarrior. I’ve been on the REI waitlist since July, but they just cancelled my order (might not be sold by REI anymore).

As you guys said, the Jeep roof width is much larger than most cars out there. This rack is fairly wide at 48” I believe, so the scale fits better. Also has great attachments. But now it seems to be sold out everywhere...

Sponsored