Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Gents,

Am looking for a low profile rack to pair with the Mopar roof rails, I see lots of baskets that look ok but the low profile basket needs to clamp to the Mopar fact roof rails.
Sponsored

JeepNut80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Sting-Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Gents,

Am looking for a low profile rack to pair with the Mopar roof rails, I see lots of baskets that look ok but the low profile basket needs to clamp to the Mopar fact roof rails.
I'm on the hunt for the same. I was actually thinking of trying out the Rhino Rack Pioneer platform. I didn't want to go with their backbone system because I won't be using it that much and didn't want to drill into the top for something that won't be heavily used. I'm not crazy about the basket options and the rhino rack platform is nice and low. Just not sure if it can be attached to the mopar rails

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training

Iv been looking at this one.
Very interesting, I didn't know GoRhino had released a flat platform with drill-through mounting options. This is very intriguing, especially since it comes in a 75" length platform as well. I've just sent an email to GoRhino asking where the platform and mounting hardware are manufactured (they are a California-based company, but not sure where their manufacturing is and US manufacturing is important to me) and what the static and dynamic load ratings are for their drill-through platform. I'll update with their reply for anyone interested, though I know that isn't what this thread is specifically about.

Thanks for posting this!

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
For anyone interested in the GoRhino SRM500 rack, here are the answers I got back from GoRhino:

- For a JLU with the drill-through mounting bracket option, the static load rating is 900lbs and dynamic load rating is 600lbs.
- The SRM500 rack as well as all the different mounting solutions are manufactured in Mexico.
- I had asked if the drill-through mounting brackets could be used in conjunction with the rain gutter mounts to add a "belt and suspenders" approach if you wanted to run the longer 75" platform (similar to the Rhino Rack in-house mounting solution) and they said the mounting height is different so it wouldn't line up.

So, comparing this to the Rhino Rack w/Maximus-3 bracketry (the closest comparison for my intended use), they stack up as such:
- GoRhino has 900 static/600 dynamic, Rhino Rack w/Max has 900 static/300 dynamic.
- GoRhino manufactured in Mexico, Rhino Rack platform manufactured in China, Max brackets manufactured in USA
- GoRhino platform = 75" x 52"; Rhino Rack platform = 76" x 54"
- GoRhino platform w/drill-through bracketry = $750. Rhino Rack w/Maximus-3 bracketry = $1350.

For OP, this platform does have mounting brackets included that attach to most any kind of roof rail. I think this platform might be just what you're looking for in a low profile base system to mount to your Mopar rails.

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 1.04.49 PM.png

Sponsored

klawrence3

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Vehicle Showcase
See my post about the SRM500 rack.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
See my post about the SRM500 rack.

Any update on getting this one installed... and how you like it?

I kinda like the look/function of the SRM500, even though it all says it's for JLU only, and I couldn't use the drill-through mount, and I'd have to clamp the front to the freedom panels; but I figured if I got the 6-gutter-clamp setup, it would be pretty good for my purposes, and I could likely add some support feet to the underside of those 4-way rails to really make it stout.

klawrence3

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Vehicle Showcase
eagerly awaiting update
@daveprice7 sorry I must have missed your comment.

I like the rack. I haven’t used it much because shortly after install I switched to the soft top for the summer. The gutter mounts are super sturdy but wouldn’t push past the suggested Load.
Sponsored