Reaction score
Website
www.rwaltonphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Business Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
After reading all 10 pages most seem happy with the product and cost. Does anyone wish they paid more and bought the Top Lift?
I usually buy an aftermarket soft top and swap by seasons but strongly considering a system like this and saving some money instead.
No regrets here, definitely don't want to pay any more than I already did. LOL
Sponsored

FrostQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I bought one of these last year, and finally used it for the first time today.

I have a stock JLUR and in order to lift it to clear the cabin, I have to use the most bottom pin slot on the support rods (i.e. highest setting) and at full crank (raised it all the way up).

With the current setup, there is no way I can use it with a 2.5" lift and 35s.

Can you guys take some measurements for me?

1.) what's the length of the support rods? measuring from top of pad to bottom of rod...mine is 17.5"
2.) what's the max height of the main structure? measuring from ground to the top of the horizontal beam...mine is 63.5"
3.) what's the max extension of the main structure at full crank? measuring the exposed silver part that extends...mine is 8.5"
Jeep Wrangler JL Rollnjack Hardtop Lift roll 3
Jeep Wrangler JL Rollnjack Hardtop Lift roll 1
Jeep Wrangler JL Rollnjack Hardtop Lift roll 2

Rubicon_Wrangler_JL_2018

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I bought one of these last year, and finally used it for the first time today.

I have a stock JLUR and in order to lift it to clear the cabin, I have to use the most bottom pin slot on the support rods (i.e. highest setting) and at full crank (raised it all the way up).

With the current setup, there is no way I can use it with a 2.5" lift and 35s.

Can you guys take some measurements for me?

1.) what's the length of the support rods? measuring from top of pad to bottom of rod...mine is 17.5"
2.) what's the max height of the main structure? measuring from ground to the top of the horizontal beam...mine is 63.5"
3.) what's the max extension of the main structure at full crank? measuring the exposed silver part that extends...mine is 8.5"

Sponsored

Rubicon_Wrangler_JL_2018

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I did the first 2 measurements and for #1, mine is the same. For measurement #2, my max height is 56 from the floor to the top of the cross beam (with it lowered all the way to its lowest position). Didn't get the 3rd measurement since mine is a little hard to get to in the garage to crank it all the way up.

FrostQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I did the first 2 measurements and for #1, mine is the same. For measurement #2, my max height is 56 from the floor to the top of the cross beam (with it lowered all the way to its lowest position). Didn't get the 3rd measurement since mine is a little hard to get to in the garage to crank it all the way up.
Thanks! That leaves the raise height. At least I know that I didn’t get a different design. Maybe it’s the crank that’s causing an issue.

Rubicon_Wrangler_JL_2018

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! That leaves the raise height. At least I know that I didn’t get a different design. Maybe it’s the crank that’s causing an issue.
What is the issue you're having? I just took my top off with it and no issues.

FrostQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I emailed RollnJack...they said that the crank is supposed to raise the jack to 14". Mine is stuck at 8.5". I'm troubleshooting it with RollnJack...trying to see if something is caught inside.

Sponsored

FrostQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
your pins on the bottom, they are suppose to be on the top I believe. So you lost about 8" there. Did you put the spider arm on upside down? or were the holes drilled on the wrong side?
The pins are supposed to be on the bottom. Look at this photo from the manufacturer's site. I don't think there'll be much support to the arms if the pins were on the top.
1360243903.png

One thing I gotta say tho, is that the customer service at RollnJack is excellent. I emailed them and John (owner, I presume) responded to me right away.

I'll update this post once this is resolved.

Waderman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep jl rubicon
I’ve been interested in purchasing a RollnJack. I sent them an email the other day and haven’t heard back. I then called Top lift Pro and inquired about their product. They mentioned that they are suing RollnJack. They also said the owner of RollnJack now lives in Vietnam. They suggested he fled the country. Has anybody recently communicated with and/or purchased a RollnJack???

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
love my hoist-a-cart-2, expensive but extremely well made and I can easily see this lasting a VERY long time

morph860

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X 4xe, 2024 Grand Cherokee 4xe
I’ve been interested in purchasing a RollnJack. I sent them an email the other day and haven’t heard back. I then called Top lift Pro and inquired about their product. They mentioned that they are suing RollnJack. They also said the owner of RollnJack now lives in Vietnam. They suggested he fled the country. Has anybody recently communicated with and/or purchased a RollnJack???
I’m pretty sure that he’s been in Vietnam for a while. His social media has a lot of posts from there. Maybe that’s where his manufacturing facility is? He’s also been posting a lot about his next product. It’s a door removal tool with a cart. Looking pretty cool but also looks like it’d take up a lot of space.

Waderman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep jl rubicon
I’m pretty sure that he’s been in Vietnam for a while. His social media has a lot of posts from there. Maybe that’s where his manufacturing facility is? He’s also been posting a lot about his next product. It’s a door removal tool with a cart. Looking pretty cool but also looks like it’d take up a lot of space.
He actually got back to me yesterday. There’s obviously two sides to the story. Top lift pro is suing him but apparently he is counter suing. Apparently he was top lift pro’s supplier but then decided to market a similar product direct to the public. This is what the lawsuit is over. Probably patent, copyright, noncompete infringements. I still might buy his product instead of the top lift pro. I like its design better and it’s a little cheaper. Top lift pro can ship right away, however. RollnJack can’t ship till early June.
Sponsored