Sponsored

Rollnjack Hardtop Lift

morph860

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 4xe's (Rubicon X and Grand Cherokee Anniv.)
She mentioned that she had the front and rear pads at different heights. The left and right look like they’re the same. Here’s the pic I saw that looked uneven from left to right.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rollnjack Hardtop Lift 6B4F12F7-7CF5-47FA-BFEC-0FFD90E72AA0
Sponsored

AUjeepgirl23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Rubicon JLU 2.0 Turbo
Hey everyone. Update... I sent the pictures to RollNJack and he replied that it appears to be a slight lean to the upper platform of the unit. They air shipped me the replacement part. As soon as this nor’easter blows out of here, I’ll try it out and update everyone.

Rubicon_Wrangler_JL_2018

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rwaltonphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Business Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone. Update... I sent the pictures to RollNJack and he replied that it appears to be a slight lean to the upper platform of the unit. They air shipped me the replacement part. As soon as this nor’easter blows out of here, I’ll try it out and update everyone.
Which part was causing that?

Digiwolf

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
More delays now 23 Sept or after. So 3 months and still waiting, if anybody gets a ship date please let us know.

Sponsored

StealthMissle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RS7, HellaY JL Rub
Interesting. Mine is similar but I would say it has less tilt. Thought it was normal.

morph860

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 4xe's (Rubicon X and Grand Cherokee Anniv.)
More delays now 23 Sept or after. So 3 months and still waiting, if anybody gets a ship date please let us know.
Should be soon. He posted on Instagram this morning that the shipping container was due to be at his warehouse today.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
So I finally got a chance to use mine recently. A few thoughts.
  • The design works pretty well overall.
  • It seems like it’s wobbly and unstable when you lift the top off, but I left mine on the lift for the past week sitting outside and it was fine.
  • On Unlimited models the 5th support arm for the front part of the top is just a little bit too short even at its highest setting. Don’t set the other 4 arms lower to compensate; that will make the front too high and it will be unstable (I tried this). Instead I used 2 felt furniture sliders as a spacer and it was perfect.
  • The fit of some of the parts in the bag is kind of tight but it works. The bag is nice.
  • Replacing the acorn nuts with plastic star knobs is great if you assemble and break down frequently. Makes it quicker and tool free.

Rubicon_Wrangler_JL_2018

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rwaltonphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Business Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
  • It seems like it’s wobbly and unstable when you lift the top off, but I left mine on the lift for the past week sitting outside and it was fine.
  • On Unlimited models the 5th support arm for the front part of the top is just a little bit too short even at its highest setting. Don’t set the other 4 arms lower to compensate; that will make the front too high and it will be unstable (I tried this). Instead I used 2 felt furniture sliders as a spacer and it was perfect.
  • The fit of some of the parts in the bag is kind of tight but it works. The bag is nice.
  • Replacing the acorn nuts with plastic star knobs is great if you assemble and break down frequently. Makes it quicker and tool free.

I agree with you on that 3rd point about the 5th support arm being too short. I actually placed some foam padding on mine to help support it. And you're right, it does feel a bit wobbly and unstable, but mine has been supporting my top for a month now and not issues. I guess it's just how it feels, but it does its job.

Sponsored

Dgoggins1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. I’m in the market for a Jeep and want to learn more to make a better buying decision
I agree with you on that 3rd point about the 5th support arm being too short. I actually placed some foam padding on mine to help support it. And you're right, it does feel a bit wobbly and unstable, but mine has been supporting my top for a month now and not issues. I guess it's just how it feels, but it does its job.
Thanks for the pic's... just ordered mine last week. Question, given where the lift pads are located when holding the top, do they rest on the cross beams on the top, or in the recessed area's? Reason I'm asking is that I've headliners in my Jeep... and I'm a little concerned that the Rollnjack may compress them over time. P.S.... Digg'in the Red color!
Hi, thanks for the Feedback. The top posts are covered in EVA foam. The EVA foam will not harm your headliners. “
Cushioning
EVA foam materials are foamed plastic and rubber blend, not solid and hard plastic and rubber material. Generally for low density and mid-density EVA foam materials, they can be naturally elastic and flexible. And they are also tougher than soft polyurethane foam. As they have good cushioning capability with economical cost, so people frequently use it as cushioning materials. You could find them in lots of products including knee pads, EVA foam mats, foam packaging and inserts, even golf putting green that people use the large EVA foam sheet as cushion underground.

Dgoggins1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. I’m in the market for a Jeep and want to learn more to make a better buying decision

Thanks for the feedback. We are always reading and asking customers questions so we can make the product better. We reach out to the Jeep community. Below is from our FAQ page on the “wobble”. “
“When I lift my Jeep Hardtop and move it around, the RollnJack feels like it is flexing. Should I be concerned?
No. On cars, we have 'shock absorber' suspension that decouples the passengers and loads from the road vibrations, bumps etc. The RollnJack lift was designed and engineered in the same way. If there is a rough pavement or damaged floor, then the RollnJack lift will deliberately flex to absorb any shock to your expensive Jeep hardtop.”

Dgoggins1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This looks like it would work well. Except if you have any hardtop headliner installed. It seems it would leave indentations in the headliner material at the contact points. Can anyone who owns this verify?
The top 4 posts are covered in EVA Foam so they will not damage your headliner.

Cushioning
EVA foam materials are foamed plastic and rubber blend, not solid and hard plastic and rubber material. Generally for low density and mid-density EVA foam materials, they can be naturally elastic and flexible. And they are also tougher than soft polyurethane foam. As they have good cushioning capability with economical cost, so people frequently use it as cushioning materials. You could find them in lots of products including knee pads, EVA foam mats, foam packaging and inserts, even golf putting green that people use the large EVA foam sheet as cushion underground.“

Dgoggins1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a solution in mind like you’ve got, something to “secure” the top from shifting while it’s on the lift for storage. No earthquakes here, but just for peace of mind. I may feel more confident in not doing that once I have it and see how stable it feels on the RollinJack by itself.
Some owners used these straps for extra safety. They purchased on amazon.

BC5E2A8D-8BE1-4C16-BF30-FAC92A326F21.jpeg

EC51CE44-CFCC-4636-ACAF-AB56693237CD.jpeg

C84E9ED8-D6A5-4E41-AFFF-2B88D22C2ED7.jpeg

9AD26419-36D3-4A22-8FBE-8452B22067EB.jpeg

MJM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2004 GC Limited, 2018 Silverado LTZ, 2000 GMC Sierra SLT, 2000 Camaro SS
I just order one for my wife for Christmas. Sure hope it gets here in time.
Sponsored