Rollnjack Hardtop Lift

Digiwolf

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Next shipment is suppose to be 15 September. Hopefully if you do order, you won't be left hanging and unnotified that your reserved unit was sold to someone else.
Sponsored

Last edited:

gsyoung

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU North Edition
see my post (#57).
copied here for convenience.

“I did order it last night. So we will see how long it takes to get here.
like thunder and stealth said, I wouldn’t expect it until August. Kinda sucks, but it is what it is.
By the way, if you do order it, go through the process of ordering all the way up to just before adding payment info.
then leave it in cart and close out.
you’ll get an email about not finishing your order and will get a promo code for 10% off. That’s another $75 off.”
That's for the tip. I did it... it worked... and I ordered my Rollnjack! Thanks!

gsyoung

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Next shipment is suppose to be 15 September. Hopefully if you do order, you won't be left hanging and unnotified that your reserved unit was sold to someone else.
Yeah, I've been reading your posts. Looks like they screwed up and you've been waiting a while... sucks. At least you got a $100 discount. I was debating whether to get this or the Garage Smart system. I think I prefer the Rollnjack for kind of a weird reason... tight space, but because my garage is a lil quirky it'll be easy to have a jack on wheels and be able to roll it around in the garage than backing it up to a specific spot and lifting it. Anyway, good luck with your order... here's hoping mine comes in that same Sept shipment as well.

AUjeepgirl23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Rubicon JLU 2.0 Turbo
Just finished assembling mine. I really like. The hard top won’t stay off long as the heat index is 110 here, but I had to try it out. I think I’ll always have nervousness seeing my painted hardtop suspended on anything, however, I’m sure it will be fine lol. I loved being able to take the top off myself.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rollnjack Hardtop Lift 78EED51B-BAB8-4F63-8A17-061A7364BF7D

Jeep Wrangler JL Rollnjack Hardtop Lift 3E6AE9C1-02E4-4425-8580-BB7400E0FD3A

gsyoung

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just finished assembling mine. I really like. The hard top won’t stay off long as the heat index is 110 here, but I had to try it out. I think I’ll always have nervousness seeing my painted hardtop suspended on anything, however, I’m sure it will be fine lol. I loved being able to take the top off myself.

78EED51B-BAB8-4F63-8A17-061A7364BF7D.jpeg

3E6AE9C1-02E4-4425-8580-BB7400E0FD3A.jpeg
Thanks for the pic's... just ordered mine last week. Question, given where the lift pads are located when holding the top, do they rest on the cross beams on the top, or in the recessed area's? Reason I'm asking is that I've headliners in my Jeep... and I'm a little concerned that the Rollnjack may compress them over time. P.S.... Digg'in the Red color!

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

Geaux Tigers!

morph860

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 4xe's (Rubicon X and Grand Cherokee Anniv.)
Thanks for the pic's... just ordered mine last week. Question, given where the lift pads are located when holding the top, do they rest on the cross beams on the top, or in the recessed area's? Reason I'm asking is that I've headliners in my Jeep... and I'm a little concerned that the Rollnjack may compress them over time. P.S.... Digg'in the Red color!
I've tried mine in a few different positions. The one that seems to work the best (2019 JLU with factory headliners) is when the front 2 pads are on the cross beam (basically as far forward as you can go with the jack before hitting the rollbar) and the rear 2 pads are on the headliners. All pads at the same notch height. When it lifts, most of the weight seems to be on the 2 pads with the cross beam. The rear 2 pads and the front 5th arm do touch the headliners, but they don't leave any marks on them afterwards. 5th arm is one notch higher than the other 4.

When I tried it with all 4 main arms on the headliners (front 2 right behind the cross beam), it didn't lift evenly. The front sagged a lot and I had to lift the entire top about a foot higher than I should have to get the front to clear the rollbar. Even though I have seen pictures of people doing it this way. Might work better on a 2door in this position.

Digiwolf

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
From photos it seems that it was designed for 2 door in mind because all pad on a flat surface. Then it was just rigged with a extended arm for 4 door.

AUjeepgirl23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've tried mine in a few different positions. The one that seems to work the best (2019 JLU with factory headliners) is when the front 2 pads are on the cross beam (basically as far forward as you can go with the jack before hitting the rollbar) and the rear 2 pads are on the headliners. All pads at the same notch height. When it lifts, most of the weight seems to be on the 2 pads with the cross beam. The rear 2 pads and the front 5th arm do touch the headliners, but they don't leave any marks on them afterwards. 5th arm is one notch higher than the other 4.

When I tried it with all 4 main arms on the headliners (front 2 right behind the cross beam), it didn't lift evenly. The front sagged a lot and I had to lift the entire top about a foot higher than I should have to get the front to clear the rollbar. Even though I have seen pictures of people doing it this way. Might work better on a 2door in this position.
I ran into the same issues. I actually have the 2 rear pads adjusted one notch higher than the front 2 so the pads make contact more evenly. My safety arm does not make contact.

morph860

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ran into the same issues. I actually have the 2 rear pads adjusted one notch higher than the front 2 so the pads make contact more evenly. My safety arm does not make contact.
I'll give that a try, thank you. Which level do you have the support arm set to?

Sponsored

AUjeepgirl23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll give that a try, thank you. Which level do you have the support arm set to?
hey I’m so sorry. I just now saw your question. here are a couple of more pictures. I’m not sure why mine is sloping so far forward. Seems super wobbly when rolling on concrete.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rollnjack Hardtop Lift 04E72183-421C-4460-988C-5BEE6D6005E0

Jeep Wrangler JL Rollnjack Hardtop Lift B7AB917D-70D4-4D20-A408-2D62D9D94480

Jeep Wrangler JL Rollnjack Hardtop Lift 0617D5C2-D03D-491E-8521-762A0821688C

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
hey I’m so sorry. I just now saw your question. here are a couple of more pictures. I’m not sure why mine is sloping so far forward. Seems super wobbly when rolling on concrete.

Still haven’t used mine yet, but aren’t you supposed to use the 5th arm/pad to support and stabilize it in the front?

AUjeepgirl23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still haven’t used mine yet, but aren’t you supposed to use the 5th arm/pad to support and stabilize it in the front?
yes and I do, I had just taken it off to put the top back on. I talked to rollnjack the first time I used it and they said the arm isn’t supposed to touch, it’s just there as a safety. I don’t know, theproduct videos just look way more stable than mine do lol

morph860

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes and I do, I had just taken it off to put the top back on. I talked to rollnjack the first time I used it and they said the arm isn’t supposed to touch, it’s just there as a safety. I don’t know, theproduct videos just look way more stable than mine do lol
I roll the jack into the Jeep and start to crank it up to get the entire pad over the roll bar. That lets me get it a little further forward than yours is in the pictures. I basically have the pole under the pad pressing against the rollbar as I raise the top up. That helps a little more of the weight stay towards the rear and the front doesn't sag as much. My 5th arm is one notch higher than my other 4 arms. It does touch the top, but barely.

Yours looks really uneven left-to-right in the picture. Mine isn't perfectly level either, but not as drastic as yours.

I've had my top off for a few days now. At first, I kept going out every few hours to see If anything shifted or fell, but it's been solid. Guess it just took a bit to get used to my $2,000+ hardtop being suspended.

I do still wish there was a better video or picture from Rollnjack showing the recommended pad locations for different models.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rollnjack Hardtop Lift IMG_8170

Last edited:

StealthMissle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RS7, HellaY JL Rub
From the pictures it appears the left side is lower (5 holes in bar) compared to right side (4 holes showing which is higher). She needs to fix that unless I’m interpreting the pic wrong. Mine has a slight difference in height as well but not that drastic. The Jack seems sturdy enough but I also share the feeling of uneasy when the top is removed and I move the jack around. It is sturdy enough. Just lower the jack with the top on and leave it alone. It holds and works fine that’s all that matters.
Sponsored