Sponsored

Rollnjack Hardtop Lift

StealthMissle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RS7, HellaY JL Rub
They are for Kickstarter backers. Backers got an update back in April asking for shirt size. Although I’m pretty sure they’ll be available for purchase to everyone.

Email John the creator and ask. Worst he can do us say no, but if there are more available you could get lucky.
I’ve been in contact...... maybe. We shall see.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
The actual Rollin Jack. I'm pretty excited!
Who’d you bribe? Latest update said they were just loaded on the ship over. At least a month for voyage, customs, shipping to Ohio, then the customers. I actually expect two months.

OP
OP
Tharsis

Tharsis

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2008 Ford Ranger
Who’d you bribe? Latest update said they were just loaded on the ship over. At least a month for voyage, customs, shipping to Ohio, then the customers. I actually expect two months.
I'm not sure. I got an email from John saying he was air freighting a few to get them here earlier. I don't know how he chose, Just lucky I guess

OP
OP
Tharsis

Tharsis

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I received the RollNJack today. It took me about 30min to put together, the instructions were clear and all of the hardware was laid out nicely.

The fit and finish of everything looks great, it's easy to use and it rolls very well on a concrete floor. I did have to make a slight modification to the lifting arms to get them to fit past the cargo shelf I have, but that was no big deal.

It definitely made taking the top off a lot easier!
Jeep Wrangler JL Rollnjack Hardtop Lift IMG_20200624_123359
Jeep Wrangler JL Rollnjack Hardtop Lift IMG_20200624_123430
Jeep Wrangler JL Rollnjack Hardtop Lift IMG_20200624_124118
Jeep Wrangler JL Rollnjack Hardtop Lift IMG_20200624_135720
Jeep Wrangler JL Rollnjack Hardtop Lift IMG_20200624_140157
Jeep Wrangler JL Rollnjack Hardtop Lift IMG_20200624_140203
Jeep Wrangler JL Rollnjack Hardtop Lift IMG_20200624_140947
Jeep Wrangler JL Rollnjack Hardtop Lift IMG_20200624_142406

IMG_20200624_123612.jpg

Sponsored

StealthMissle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RS7, HellaY JL Rub
Looks great. Do you have to leave the back glass up or can it be lowered some? Maybe it makes no difference I suppose.

OP
OP
Tharsis

Tharsis

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great. Thanks for posting. Is that paint or a headliner? Any issue with the lift’s pads on it? What did you have to do to make it work with your cargo shelf?
It's the factory headliner. Doesn't appear to be any issues with the lift pads on it. I ended up using a cutoff wheel and cutting off about 3" of the bar that the lift pads are on. You can see the difference in one of the pictures with the 5th support bar on. The 5th support is the original length, the other 4 are cut off shorter.

You do have to leave the back glass up.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rollnjack Hardtop Lift 1593031119281

StealthMissle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RS7, HellaY JL Rub
Probably over thinking this. OP can you report on how secure the setup is once the top is off Jeep and being held by the rolling jack? Is it secure enough to keep the hardtop suspended up high enough to park under the lift? Figuring out if the setup will need additional support for safety and potential “damage” control.

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
From the RollNJack.com website, their demonstration videos suggest you park your Jeep under the lifted top, it's a selling point. If you think you need additional support, that's a personal call. I live in earthquake country, so I use a safety strap when stowing mine:
Jeep Wrangler JL Rollnjack Hardtop Lift 20200517_094002-

The strap isn't supporting the weight of the top, it just helps to keep things in place when the ground shakes for a few seconds.

I have to say, I like the RollNJack more than the TopLiftPro for it's simplicity, price, and portability. I think the TLP is faster, lifts higher, and gives more garage space, but man, does it comes at a premium price. When I was shopping for a top-lifter solution, I probably would have bought a RollNJack, instead, if was available.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
From the RollNJack.com website, their demonstration videos suggest you park your Jeep under the lifted top, it's a selling point. If you think you need additional support, that's a personal call. I live in earthquake country, so I use a safety strap when stowing mine:

The strap isn't supporting the weight of the top, it just helps to keep things in place when the ground shakes for a few seconds.

I have to say, I like the RollNJack more than the TopLiftPro for it's simplicity, price, and portability. I think the TLP is faster, lifts higher, and gives more garage space, but man, does it comes at a premium price. When I was shopping for a top-lifter solution, I probably would have bought a RollNJack, instead, if was available.
I had a solution in mind like you’ve got, something to “secure” the top from shifting while it’s on the lift for storage. No earthquakes here, but just for peace of mind. I may feel more confident in not doing that once I have it and see how stable it feels on the RollinJack by itself.

OP
OP
Tharsis

Tharsis

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably over thinking this. OP can you report on how secure the setup is once the top is off Jeep and being held by the rolling jack? Is it secure enough to keep the hardtop suspended up high enough to park under the lift? Figuring out if the setup will need additional support for safety and potential “damage” control.
I've had my top on the RollNJack for a couple of days now and stability hasn't been an issue. I will say that I was a little worried on stability at first, the entire jack kind of flexes and the top leans forward a little. But the top doesn't move or slide around when moving the jack around the garage, so I feel comfortable leaving it up.

Rubicon_Wrangler_JL_2018

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rwaltonphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Business Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
It's the factory headliner. Doesn't appear to be any issues with the lift pads on it. I ended up using a cutoff wheel and cutting off about 3" of the bar that the lift pads are on. You can see the difference in one of the pictures with the 5th support bar on. The 5th support is the original length, the other 4 are cut off shorter.

You do have to leave the back glass up.
I didn't think about the window being left open before I ordered mine. That's going to take up more space in the garage and I don't think I"ll be able to get the Jeep in there - darn!

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
How long does it take to crank up the top with the RollNJack? I wonder about the difference between this and the TLP which looks quite fast once it is positioned.
Sponsored